Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fai cup final on sunday

Reviews

Default Fai cup final on sunday

hi all just wondering if many members on here heading to Aviva on sunday
    I think its great value at only£10 per ticket and il be hoping for a cork city win
    even though I have great admiration for this Dundalk side who seem to be
    a little bit ahead of the rest of the league but I also think if there is a team
    to beat them it is city, so looking forward to a trip to the big smoke on sunday

Heading up myself. City had a great deal on a train, € 35 return dropping at Landsdowne Road and returning from Connolly Station. Needless to say it sold out fast.

I'm quitely confident of a City win. As someone said on the radio during the week, City are the one team that Dundalk wouldn't want to be meeting in the Final.

If the game is half as good as the last league game between them in Turners Cross it will be a cracker although Cup Finals tend not to be great games with so much at stake.

The € 10 admission is indeed great value, something the F.A.I. managed to get right. Should be a handy crowd at it.

Reviews

just back after a long day, drive to the big smoke and we can,t have
    any complaints as Dundalk proved why they are league champions and
    are that bit better than the rest of us. It was a great atmosphere and even
    though the game was not the best at least it dried up just before k.o so well
    done Dundalk and well deserved.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Reviews

It is becoming an annual event now as we head to the big smoke again on sunday
    to take on what must be one of the best LOI teams ever Dundalk in a repeat of last
    years final. I have a feeling this is going to be our year. City till I die

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Should be a good game, will the fact that dundalk have to travel back from russia just a few days before have any impact on the outcome?
    Well it wont help them anyway, but they are defying the odds all year, I would love
    to see them get out of their group as it would be great for Irish football and also give
    them a few million euro.

Reviews

Should be a good game, will the fact that dundalk have to travel back from russia just a few days before have any impact on the outcome?
    I think it did have a huge impact on the outcome. As I previously stated in another thread, the League of Ireland and the FAI did Dundalk no favours with their fixtures scheduling. Still it looked like the final was going to penalties until City scored the injury time winner. Congrats to Cork for winning their first silverware under John Caulfield.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 06-11-16 at 19:32.
    The Truth is out there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Dundalk had the better chances in extra time but cork win it at the death. I think it took a deflection. What a time to score. Joy for cork city and heartbreak for dundalk. Blue rebel will be happy. Well done cork.
    I was very happy Ketchup , I just had a feeling it was going to be our year. We actually beat Dundalk
    three times this year and that is not a bad boast as they are a seriously good team . I am also delighted
    to see two Dundalk lads in the final Irish squad for the trip to Austria this weekend.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Cortez (08-11-16)

Reviews

I think the form of the last 10 weeks since Sean Maguire left tells you where the momentum is. Dundalk to win. Can’t see Cork scoring

13. The Following User Says Thank You to oldfool For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by oldfool View Post
    I think the form of the last 10 weeks since Sean Maguire left tells you where the momentum is. Dundalk to win. Can’t see Cork scoring
    Will be there again on Sunday as we go for the double!! I am a bit concerned with our form over the last 2 months
    but this is a one off game against our biggest rivals and I know that we will be 100% up for it and like any close game
    it could go all the way to a penalty shoot out..
    The bookies have Dundalk as favorites and as we know to our cost they are seldom wrong... Rebels Abu

Reviews

I think this match will be a very tight affair as is always the case when these two teams play each other. City are going for the Double while Dundalk will be looking to avenge last years Final defeat. I will go for a narrow win for Dundalk maybe 1-0.
    The Truth is out there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast