Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: can anyone help me: interpol virus

Quote Originally Posted by xcitedcork View Post
    There are two types of this problem ,first one is actually fake as it's just a dodgy site you are sent too and can't leave .go into task manager and try to kill your explorer that's open .then just restart everything hopefully works away normally , I would then run malwarebytes just go be safe but you shouldn't have any issues.
    the second type is the virus and others here have said how to clear .

main point don't panic if you see it it maybe the dodgy website type
    Hi

it must be the first type you mentioned because once i killed chrome (ctrl-alt-delete) the computer restarted and everything worked as normal.

still though i ran a malwarebytes, microsoft windows malicious software removal and kaspersky and nothing came up.

furthermore i have restored my system to friday (got this thing yesterday) and have installed spybot (i will run a scan as soon as updates stop installing)
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Quote Originally Posted by Walshie View Post
    I had this and used ZemanaAntiMalware to clear it and worked, its very good and free, must see if I can get link
    sound, i will look into it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    hi

i got the dreaded interpol virus. im running kaspersky full scan and microsoft windows malicious software scan. will they be able to flush out the virus? or do i have to do something else. (im not very knowledgeable on computers)
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...-anti-malware/

good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Walshie For This Useful Post:

Meursault (01-11-15)

ok, i ran a scan using spybot. it only took a few seconds and everything was grand. just a few cookies came up

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (01-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Give your laptop to annabel Taylor. She'll fix it for you. Fix it real good.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

pretty pissed with kaspersky. paid the fee to get it and it cant even stop one of the most infamous viruses on the web. surely they have heard of it
    Kaspersky has been terrible for a long time now, I'm amazed that it still gets into top ten round ups. It's bloated, a system hog, creates ridiculous sized files for no apparent reason and throws up false positives constantly. You'd probably be better protected if you stuck a box of paracetamol in your DVD tray.

#kasperskysucksass

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Meursault (01-11-15), philipkntz (02-11-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Anderson View Post
    Kaspersky has been terrible for a long time now, I'm amazed that it still gets into top ten round ups. It's bloated, a system hog, creates ridiculous sized files for no apparent reason and throws up false positives constantly. You'd probably be better protected if you stuck a box of paracetamol in your DVD tray.

#kasperskysucksass
    im getting a new laptop around christmas so will probably get a different anti virus. what would you recommend? i was very dissapointed alright that kaspersky couldnt have stopped this virus thingy. i paid 50/60 euro for it.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

im getting a new laptop around christmas so will probably get a different anti virus. what would you recommend? i was very dissapointed alright that kaspersky couldnt have stopped this virus thingy. i paid 50/60 euro for it.
    I've been using 'AVG internet security' package for two years now without any issue. Light, fast and a lot less clutter in the interface. Between that and Malwarebytes you'll have everything covered.

I also hear great things about the 'Bitdefender internet security' package, it gets top ratings on a regular basis, often the number position.

I'm interested to hear other people's recommendations.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Meursault (01-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

turns out it wasnt the actual interpol virus. i think (unless someone says otherwise) my screen just froze with the fake interpol alert, but when i killed the computer and restarted it, it worked grand. with the actual virus, i am led to believe you would have trouble when you restarted the computer and would have to go into safe mode to fix it.

I only copped that after rereading the thread, xcitedcork was right on the money.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Meursault (01-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

running on macafee security. scans everything i open and works constantly in the background, doesnt slow down pc at all. safe as houses. touch wood lol

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scouserpete For This Useful Post:

Meursault (01-11-15), Mister Anderson (01-11-15)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast