Thread: China allowing two Children per Family now

Reviews

Default China allowing two Children per Family now

How very kind of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    How very kind of them.
    With a population of 1.4billion and growing ,keeping the one child policy might have been a better idea. In fact a few more countries could do with bringing this in. With a world populayion of 7.377billion and growing , we need to curb population growth.
    http://www.worldometers.info/

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    With a population of 1.4billion and growing ,keeping the one child policy might have been a better idea. In fact a few more countries could do with bringing this in. With a world populayion of 7.377billion and growing , we need to curb population growth.
    Their population is ageing at a rapid rate and they have massive gender imbalance due to parents deciding which 'one' child they will have,you can't be serious in saying it was a good Idea?

Reviews

Their population is ageing at a rapid rate and they have massive gender imbalance due to parents deciding which 'one' child they will have,you can't be serious in saying it was a good Idea?
    1.4billion of a population and growing, older generation living longer and now doubling the number of children allowed.Tell me how big a number is enough for the population? What happens when resources are not there to feed these children? I did not say one child policy was a "good idea", but are you happy for chinas and the worlds population to keep growing unchecked.

By the way, apparently the average age in china is 35.7 years.

The forecast for the chinese population with the one child policy was showing a slight reduction by 2050, but with this change it will probably take a sharp upward turn.
    Last edited by justfrank44; 29-10-15 at 12:54.

Reviews

How very kind of them.
    Maybe if that was the law here we might not have to put up with you,lol

Reviews

1.4billion of a population and growing, older generation living longer and now doubling the number of children allowed.Tell me how big a number is enough for the population? What happens when resources are not there to feed these children? I did not say one child policy was a "good idea", but are you happy for chinas and the worlds population to keep growing unchecked.
    Their biggest problem at the moment is caused by the one child policy,of course If you only allow one child the population will be suddenly made up of older people who will have no youth bringing in taxes to cover their costs,My point is the Idea was flawed to begin with,my answer to the overpopulation Issue,I don't have one to be honest but deciding how many children people can have is not an answer to anything.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

Best Before (29-10-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tom rambo View Post
    Maybe if that was the law here we might not have to put up with you,lol
    True,though that said I am not Chinese and was the first born

Anyway you would miss me too much tombo.
    Last edited by bettercallsaul; 29-10-15 at 12:57.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (29-10-15)

Reviews

Their biggest problem at the moment is caused by the one child policy,of course If you only allow one child the population will be suddenly made up of older people who will have no youth bringing in taxes to cover their costs,My point is the Idea was flawed to begin with,my answer to the overpopulation Issue,I don't have one to be honest but deciding how many children people can have is not an answer to anything.
    Surely it will keep population growth in check? Or looking at our own situation in the "free west" smaller families could be a good idea given the amount of people who see large families as a way to get more state benefits , not all I might add, but enough to be a burden.

The biggest issue was the non-existence of pensions in China, children are expected to support their ageing parents. With the one-child policy each working couple had to support four parents.

It's statically impossible to have a growing population if it takes 2 people to make one child. And that's assuming every one wants to have a child. What about natural deaths like accidents and disease. I'm surprised they have anyone left!!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast