Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Punting Phone

1. Default Punting Phone

Hi lads

After reading some of the posts on here about ppl not using a punting phone but using there registered phone to call on. I am going to get a phone sim for punting with.

When I asked about getting a sim only from three I am being asked for ID and proof of address. Obviously I don't want to give this and have the phone number linked to me at all.
    How did everyone else get their punting SIM cards without having to give over any private details.

Thanks
    C

Reviews

Go in about 5 mins before they close. Bring your neighbours esb bill
    Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticdub View Post
    Hi lads

After reading some of the posts on here about ppl not using a punting phone but using there registered phone to call on. I am going to get a phone sim for punting with.

When I asked about getting a sim only from three I am being asked for ID and proof of address. Obviously I don't want to give this and have the phone number linked to me at all.
    How did everyone else get their punting SIM cards without having to give over any private details.

Thanks
    C
    Go to one of the smaller shops that fix phones/laptops, they don't ask for info, they'll have sim cards that they'll happily sell to you.

Sandy x
    Last edited by Sexy Sandy 69; 15-10-15 at 12:17.
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

5. Default

Thanks all for the comments your a sound bunch.

I've a few options to try out now.

Hopefully get a new sim today and get back in the saddle after that.

Cheers
    C

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    Try vodafone .
    Just ask for a €10 sim . They don't ask questions. (well not where i am)
    You get the option of registering on line but just give another name address and e mail .
    Benefits of registering . Free text , internet and cherry points for gifts like free top ups.
    Depends on ur usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticdub View Post
    Hi lads

Thanks
    C
    I got mine like zilch did and no questions asked
    Told them I needed it for business to ring on a unregistered phone when trying to track down unpaid invoices

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

casman (16-10-15), Mister Anderson (16-10-15)

Reviews

I bought mine in the north but I imagine it would be the same anywhere. I bought a cheap PAYG phone for about £12 in Tesco. I feed it using PAYG coupons, also bought in Tesco. Both bought with cash (and without loyalty card) so totally untraceable and anonymous.

Reviews

I got mine (SIM & Phone) in a Vodafone shop too. I wasn't asked for an ID, address or anything at all when I bought it.

Needless to say too, I haven't registered it online either, and I top it up using cash only aswell.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zealot7 For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (15-10-15), Mister Anderson (16-10-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    Try vodafone .
    Just ask for a €10 sim . They don't ask questions. (well not where i am)
    You get the option of registering on line but just give another name address and e mail .
    Benefits of registering . Free text , internet and cherry points for gifts like free top ups.
    Depends on ur usage.

Sounds about right on all counts! The local Vodafone shop in my old town was like that, go in with cash and it's no additional questions asked. Even years ago before I began punting, I registered for the online service with a fake name and address; had the number for 10 years now, and never had an issue.
    Fighting the Good Fight...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (16-10-15), Zealot7 (15-10-15)

Is same font but different simple safe ?

Sorry predicted text!.
    Is the same fone but different sim safe??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast