Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control

Reviews

America is a total fruitcake of a country

I was in Chicago a few year back doing the usual touristy stuff

At one of the attractions I asked a police officer " where's the nearest gun shop"
    Without questioning me he just directed me to the nearest one

I was just wanted to go and hold a gun as I never did before and was a little curious

So walked in
    Had a good look, held a few and the guy behind the counter did all in his power to sell me one. All I needed was photo ID.
    He even offered to post it home for me

Anyways
    The whole situation was like buying a sliced pan

Way too easy
    Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flappy For This Useful Post:

Liberty Love (07-10-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post

But then I think if zombies happened I wanna be in gun loving red neck America state

Zombies of course created by chemical warfare can happen..virus already exist that mimic a zombie virus

Probably shouldn't drink 2 cans of Dr pepper at 1am either
    Omg, just asked my doctor for a zombie shot, and he said bite me!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Omg, just asked my doctor for a zombie shot, and he said bite me!
    Would MC an event for me! Bingo Night?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9 View Post
    Would MC an event for me! Bingo Night?
    Stop stalking me ffs!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (06-10-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Stop stalking me ffs!!
    a simple drink Dick! it's not stalking , it'll be good for you! Whiskey has been pre booked

Reviews

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    If the parents of that boy would've been responsible human beings , they would've locked away the gun as it's required .

So, that's it? Acceptable loss? The parent's fault? Sad but lets move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    : when a drunk driver kills an innocent -- do you blame the car , or the idiot behind the wheel !!?

Comparing gun control to vehicular manslaughter is not a very fair comparison, but if you wish to do so lets try:

You can, and it will soon become the car's fault. It is going to happen that cars will be fitted with alcohol detection systems, such that the car is immobilised and will not start if the driver is intoxicated. Driver-less cars are here now too and will become the norm in the coming decades.

How to stop a person driving drunk? Engineer in and mandate controls that stop the car from being driven when the driver is intoxicated. Or remove the driver from responsibility during operation of the car. These are technically possible and will happen. This is a real possibility to reduce drunk driver murders down to ~0.

How to stop a person from shooting a gun at the "wrong person"? Introduce some test for mental health, or stupidity - though I find these will be difficult for most guns to do "on-the-fly" (sarcasm). Another option is to remove high risk guns from circulation. People will always be stupid and mentally ill. People will always get irrationally angry and act impulsively on emotional response. Very, very difficult to design a gun that will compensate for that. Or a human that won't have these flaws.

Best to try and do some sane and reasonable measure to stop nutjobs letting fly with automatic weapons in a cinema or a school. If he had a hunting knife, or a bolt action rifle, would his civil liberties be in any way impeded? He'd still be able to hunt and defend himself, he just couldn't kill 25-50 people in a matter of seconds.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (06-10-15)

Reviews

On one note I like the idea of an intelligent population posing the threat of an armed revolution against the government. It'd be oh so nice if the people government were living in constant fear of their citizens.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    ~Thomas Jefferson

On the other hand though, that doesn't really work in practice given them in the wrong people's hands and well.... you know how that turns out.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zealot7 For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (06-10-15), Stephanie (07-10-15)

Reviews

gun lobby is to rich and powerful so I dont think they will ever control it in US and its getting near as bad here with the gangs

Blog Entries

I love my guns. Best part of returning stateside is kissing and cleaning and reloading each beaut. Not everyone should have one though, and despite owning a hunting license since I was 16, I feel stricter background checks need to be carried out. I bought my first before I could drive yet had to come home to Ireland (of all places) to get on the Pill.
    #JustSayin
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (08-10-15), Stephanie (07-10-15)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast