Thread: Some Help Please.

Reviews

Question Some Help Please.

I want to buy a Kindle or something along those lines as I am fed up humping books around when I travel. I love reading and go through 2 to 3 books in a normal week and when on holidays I can go through 1 to 2 books a day. My laptop is fine for the internet etc. so I am just looking for something to read books on or ideally also store/play music, would really appreciate some advice.
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    I want to buy a Kindle or something along those lines as I am fed up humping books around when I travel. I love reading and go through 2 to 3 books in a normal week and when on holidays I can go through 1 to 2 books a day. My laptop is fine for the internet etc. so I am just looking for something to read books on or ideally also store/play music, would really appreciate some advice.
    Kindle is a very good option

iPad and tablets get very heavy after a few pages
    Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flappy For This Useful Post:

ThomasJ (28-09-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    just get something with great battery life. You can try out kindles and the like in most high street stores!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick For This Useful Post:

ThomasJ (28-09-15)

Reviews

I really like the kindle, the ease with downloading books is great, finish one 5 minutes later you can be starting another, plus depending on what you like some can be got as cheap as 99p stg.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

ThomasJ (28-09-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    Kindle is a very good option

iPad and tablets get very heavy after a few pages
    I hate the idea of ebook, but had to get a book asap and only option was kindle app on iPad, I have mini and didn't find heavy I wear glasses for reading and found size just perfect I found iPad or tablets more useful than a kindle itself, for music emails browsing..etc.
    Good bye Ireland!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (28-09-15), ThomasJ (29-09-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    I hate the idea of ebook, but had to get a book asap and only option was kindle app on iPad, I have mini and didn't find heavy I wear glasses for reading and found size just perfect I found iPad or tablets more useful than a kindle itself, for music emails browsing..etc.
    welcome back Stella, are you touring, because your ad says you aren't???

Reviews

I have a Kindle Paperwhite. It is not expensive (somewhere around 135 euro), and I think it is still the best e-reader. It just works, you can read it in the dark, and the battery will last an entire holiday.

I think it is well worth having this as well as any laptops / tablets etc, because it is so much better to use.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MidlifeCrisis For This Useful Post:

ThomasJ (29-09-15)

Reviews

Kindles are a waste of money IMO. Get an iPad mini. Much more functional.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

ThomasJ (29-09-15)

I have a kindle fire, it's kind of half tablet-half e-reader and the battery life is amazing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beaner21 For This Useful Post:

ThomasJ (29-09-15)