I didn't come up with this it was posted by a girl on the forum of another site that I don't think I'm allowed link to but I think the information would be appreciated here also

For the real Garda to come to your hotel/apartment they would have to have “reasonable cause” a law is being broken. And as we all know, charging for your time is not braking the law, or is having a conversation about having a high sex drive and what other sexual acts you like, if that what your into.

Be aware of how you are conversing with your potential clients when speaking about paying for your time. The real CID would have to have recordings of an illegal act being broken to want to pay you a visit.

If your main front door is closed the Garda can not enter your hotel/apartment unless you invite them in or they have a search warrant or if they have “reason cause” a person maybe hurt or injured and needs help. If they are still outside, don’t open it, this will also give you time to call the police.

If the Garda does enter you’re room and don’t have a search warrant, they have no legal right to search your draws handbags etc (anywhere small). However, they do have the right to open wardrobes, large cupboards etc. Anywhere a person may hide.

If they don’t have a warrant and if you open the door, (legally) you are inviting them in or if you don’t and the manager does, the hotel he is responsible and if they are fake Garda and he/she let them in, you will have the right to take legal action against the hotel.( If this does happen to you, mention this to the manager this way he/she won’t be leaving you alone). Real or Fake Garda, you have a witness.

Don’t forget if you are paid a visit by the real Garda or the fake one’s. You have the right to see their badges, warrant cards, make a phone call, you don’t have to speak to them about anything, you have a right for a solicitor and note: even the police cannot detain you if they don’t arrest you, so unless this happens, you also have the right to walk straight out of the door with all your belongings and be on your merry way.

For safety reasons I travel in a pair, so if there is two of you travelling even though it may be more expensive its always best to book hotel/apartments room over looking each other and having appointments at different times.

For safety reason when possible put a four legged chair next to the nearest window and keep a few things close by you and position your self as close by it as possible when with a client. This way if a client turns out to be a threat, you have a chance of throwing something to smash the window to raise the alert and hopefully use the chair to keep his distance away from causing you any future harm.

Never bring an object with you to protect yourself, as if you were attacked and you hurt your attacker he could take action towards you even if he is found guilty of the attack. It must be something you used for your work or something that could show you did not intend to cause harm, other then self defence. Its fuked I know, but over 20 people have been sent down for attacking someone who had Brocken into their home over the past few years.