Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EI could stop multiple id's if it wanted to

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by meath chap View Post
    Take it you never heard of the tor browser which hides your real ip address and gives you a new one at just one click
    Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Very slow dude. I would not even bother for a web site like E-I there a simpler methods.

tor is only any use for the dark web IMHO.
    TOR is very slow and not only because it routes through another server to hide your IP address. Your ISP will not know what sites you are visiting, but will know you are using TOR and most ISPs do not like that and often throttle your internet speed down to nothing.
    There is an argument that everyone (or all internet savvy people) should use TOR so Tor users cannot be discriminated against.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (06-09-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    TOR is very slow and not only because it routes through another server to hide your IP address. Your ISP will not know what sites you are visiting, but will know you are using TOR and most ISPs do not like that and often throttle your internet speed down to nothing.
    There is an argument that everyone (or all internet savvy people) should use TOR so Tor users cannot be discriminated against.
    My understanding is that the TOR speed issues are due to the limited amount of users setting their connection point as exit nodes

I hope everyone is aware that both the NSA and GCHQ own servers on the TOR network ... don't be going doing anything stupid on there unless you are a proxy ninja.
    Last edited by Jiberjabber; 06-09-15 at 22:26.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bedders View Post
    One thing ive noticed on the new site is that it shows you, your log in history
    (dashboard\settings\log in history)

Ive had the same ip for the last week, and I suspect it wont change unless I reboot my router.
    One for my laptop and one for my phone

So it is very easy for EI to see if you are using more than one account with the same ip.

Sky TV also restrict the number of devices you can use to log in. So EI could do the same.
    Assuming 2 or 3 devices, phone, laptop and tablet. This will also aid them to stop people using more than 1 account.

So, they have the power, but will they use it?

Just a thought
    There are ways and means of hiding multiple profiles...

Sometimes, when its quiet on here, I feel like Im talking to myself...

Blog Entries

They could but the moment you start restricting things and what not - people get creative and actively fight against any and all restrictions. It's better to keep it as is, the tosspots that are do tend to reveal themselves in one way or another.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12