Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women-only train carriages England

Reviews

Default Women-only train carriages England

Women-only train carriages England . I did not know than so many women are sexual harassment in public .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10471716.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tony1 For This Useful Post:

Ladyvonteese (26-08-15)

So reading that I find a few things lacking. And im not belitteling anyone here. but i always find the quoting of some statistics should be in full to provide context.

1) Figures rose 32% last year. I would like to know has foot traffic increased also, which would indicate per capita, or percentage of population using the transport network has increased. if percentage per capita increased "ok", but if human traffic increased by 50%, then per capita the assault rate actually decreased.

2) women only cabins is a step backwards, but it also doesnt take into account sexuality. e.g. lesbians can also assault women.

3) "a campaign group, has also previously shown that 43 per cent of women aged between 18 and 34-years-old living in London had experienced sexual harassment in public spaces." --- but this quote does not reflect directly on the transport system, but on all public spaces. Granted it just shouldnt happen at all.
    but in the context of discussing trains transport only it is misleading.

4) "Of the total, 21 per cent classified the abuse as unwanted sexual attention and 4 per cent said they had been physically touched by someone"
    Having observed behavior on the luas myself, i have seen men say hello to women, well dressed office men with coffee in hand saying hello to similarly profession dressed women, the two times i took note of it were when the women approached security on the luas in a practical fit (they guys said hello, and small talk trying to talk to them, but not sexual or harrassment, just conversation) is this classed in there with it as unwanted attention or in the reports.

In closing, I dont want to make light of a genuine issue, just hae it taken in context, i dont see enough information here to satisfy my own curosity and am always cautious of media hype.

p.s luas security is a joke.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraxis For This Useful Post:

Ladyvonteese (26-08-15)

Reviews

4) "Of the total, 21 per cent classified the abuse as unwanted sexual attention"

Does this mean 79% did not class it as unwanted or to even go further class it as wanted?

It should be noted that Corbyn has as much chance of ever becoming Prime Minister of the UK, as the Pope does of becoming a Protestant.
    This nonsense is just another example of creeping Sharia law that the political left silently endorses.
    Last edited by weeschmoo; 26-08-15 at 01:33.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to weeschmoo For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (26-08-15)

8. Default

The Labour party leader campaign is a slow slow train crash happening. Any leader that joins forces with Trade Unions to get the party leadership is kissing their own death
    A well known star
    slips in my bed,
    naked like Eva,
    almost every night……

Reviews

This is an acknowledgement that the law isn’t being enforced.
    If the police were doing their job...........
    What next? Segregation at work?

Reviews

Happy days , as long as the fella's get there own carriages too........ with a bar

Would it just not be better for transport police to actually police the trains, would be cheaper than new rolling stock. Also why does everyone else on the train that witnesses such behaviour help the ladies in question. Not sayin to get all Charles Bronson , but at least stand up and let the lady in question know that you are aware of the situation and also to the dick that you will not just sit and let it go.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

There's been women only carriages in Japan for years.. Just at the end by the school girl panty vending machines

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by weeschmoo View Post
    It should be noted that Corbyn has as much chance of ever becoming Prime Minister of the UK, as the Pope does of becoming a Protestant.
    This nonsense is just another example of creeping Sharia law that the political left silently endorses.
    Yep well said , just goe,s to prove the madness of the lefties , give them 10 years in power and we will all be Muslim,s and working to keep them on the dole

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Interesting article;
    India, Indonesia, Japan and Mexico all offer female travellers their own sections of trains. And for more than a century, British women did have similar facilities.
    In March 1977, The Times reported that British Rail was phasing out its remaining "ladies only" compartments.

Read full article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34061094

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast