Thread: Login history

Reviews

Default Login history

this seems to be a new item

Shows the last 5 or so times you logged in and the IP address used

Is this good or bad for us ?

To be honest, it was probably always recorded. for myself though, my two cents. I would rather that type of information was just never kept at all, scrubbed after a period of time e.g 3 months.

and im not sure i would want to review it on my profile either. if someone got access to my account they would see when i was last logged in, previous 4 times including their session (5) and the IP's accessing from. depending on setup, this might be home or smartphone ip address if they are static(not changing) which makes it easy to pin on a device or person.

If there are retention guidelines for how EI keep this info, or infor stored on clients i'd like to see it posted in FAQ somewhere maybe, so we all know whats stored and we use the site with full knowledge. e.g. terms and conditions.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kraxis For This Useful Post:

greenie (22-08-15), joggon (22-08-15), nibb (23-08-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis View Post
    To be honest, it was probably always recorded. for myself though, my two cents. I would rather that type of information was just never kept at all, scrubbed after a period of time e.g 3 months.

and im not sure i would want to review it on my profile either. if someone got access to my account they would see when i was last logged in, previous 4 times including their session (5) and the IP's accessing from. depending on setup, this might be home or smartphone ip address if they are static(not changing) which makes it easy to pin on a device or person.

If there are retention guidelines for how EI keep this info, or infor stored on clients i'd like to see it posted in FAQ somewhere maybe, so we all know whats stored and we use the site with full knowledge. e.g. terms and conditions.
    This information will exist in various forms in various places either way, apache logs, cdn logs, your isps logs etc - its better for us to show you the info we have for your own security.

We will be introducing a tor link to the site in the next few weeks so you will be able to browse 100% anonymously - certain functions will be unavailable but general browsing will be fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DevTeam For This Useful Post:

joggon (22-08-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DevTeam View Post
    This information will exist in various forms in various places either way, apache logs, cdn logs, your isps logs etc - its better for us to show you the info we have for your own security.

We will be introducing a tor link to the site in the next few weeks so you will be able to browse 100% anonymously - certain functions will be unavailable but general browsing will be fine.
    Where can I see this please?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Where can I see this please?
    "Dashboard", "settings", "Login history".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 69patrick69 For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (22-08-15)

Reviews

As security and ip addresses go the it's only now we no what ei is keeping and I for one don't want my ip Adress showing up on my history. I think ei treats us like mushrooms keep us n the dark and feed us shite

Reviews

How many TDs, CEOs professors journalists, bishops will be found out once EI gets hacked like Ashley Madison did?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DevTeam View Post

I could have sworn I read somewhere on the boards that a client couldn't leave a review unless they had used an IP originating from Ireland. I'm guessing because you've just announced a TOR link that this was never true or has recently changed?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    How many TDs, CEOs professors journalists, bishops will be found out once EI gets hacked like Ashley Madison did?

Only the ones who didn't make their interns set up the profile using the intern's parent's credit cards ...