View Poll Results: Is torture ever okay

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 36.36%
  • No

    7 63.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Is torture ever okay

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,312
    Reviews
    25

    Default Is torture ever okay

    I have just watch zero dark thirty.
    Last edited by tony1; 16-08-15 at 22:56.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to tony1 For This Useful Post:

    irishdeltaforce (16-08-15)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,731
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    I just watch zero dark thirty.
    No dude unless you pay for it!! And that's your kink.

    It is counter productive. Most people will tell you what you want to hear eventually.

    The police have developed interrogation techniques over many years that have proved very effective.

    I think Americans will judge themselves very harshly in the future. Lets not be to judgemental until we experience the likes of 911.

    Some say they where very effective waterboarding etc. But who is to say who was genuinely guilty or not?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to irishdeltaforce For This Useful Post:

    tony1 (16-08-15)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    4,063
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    No, it's never okay. It's an act of barbarism whose only true value is instilling fear in your enemy. The Americans knew they'd get no useful information from torture, that was never the point.


    Rubbish movie by the way.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

    Kenton (17-08-15)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,731
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    No, it's never okay. It's an act of barbarism whose only true value is instilling fear in your enemy. The Americans knew they'd get no useful information from torture, that was never the point.


    Rubbish movie by the way.
    I'm cynical, but not that much. Muppets in charge IMHO.

    Lets be clear hear all the criticism is not coming from us but elements in there own society.

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,424
    Reviews
    51

    Default

    Id have to say yes.


    There is some bad cunts out there whom I would happily torture.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    4,063
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I'm cynical, but not that much. Muppets in charge IMHO.

    Lets be clear hear all the criticism is not coming from us but elements in there own society.

    The criticism is coming from most civilised countries in the free world. They are in contravention of the Geneva convention. If they had proof of one instance of the torture having worked to stop some planned attack we'd be hearing about it 24/7 on prime time accompanied by all the usual flag- waving jingoisms

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

    Kenton (17-08-15), SmallHorn (16-08-15)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,769
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    No, but then I go and inflict torture on others here..........................with my threads

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,731
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    The criticism is coming from most civilised countries in the free world. They are in contravention of the Geneva convention. If they had proof of one instance of the torture having worked to stop some planned attack we'd be hearing about it 24/7 on prime time accompanied by all the usual flag- waving jingoisms
    What like us maybe who turned a bind eye to the murdering of our neighbours for many years?

    Civilised who are you talking about exactly?

    "They are in contravention of the Geneva convention"

    Read up on it , it means jack shit.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    4,063
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Am I suppose to reconsider the American position based on some Irish history or something? Sorry bud but I'm shit out of guilt and patriotic fervour, that stuff is for chumps.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,731
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    Am I suppose to reconsider the American position based on some Irish history or something? Sorry bud but I'm shit out of guilt and patriotic fervour, that stuff is for chumps.
    Yes, yes it's a good comeback. But not based on reality I think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •