Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: God help us if we ever go to war.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    But at the same time , what are the countries that are being besieged to do !??

Can Europe absorb all the immigrants breaching its borders ?

: just this morning on the News >> in Macedonia a couple of people hurt as police fire TearGas into crowd of

illegal immigrants trying to cross from Greece into their country.

As per the News Piece : look at the lay of the land >> Greece , Macedonia , Hungary (?) , Austria , Germany , UK ...

Hordes of destitute desperate people trying to get 'someplace' .

What are these countries to do !??

I'm just back from 3 months traveling Asia -- huge issue with Bangladeshi natives crossing from Burma to Thailand etc.

Boats afloat , hundreds of people starving and dying of thirst.

They refused Thailand's permission to land because they were aiming to get further / farther.

: mass graves found and unearthed along borders >> Coyotes (as we call them in Cali - people smugglers ) keeping

people in camps in midst of jungles , forcing the destitute immigrants at the hand of torture to call their families

to pay ransom. . . .

It's a mess ! A mess all around !!

But what is Greece or Italy or etc. , UK to do !??

Will you sacrifice the well being and future of your children to benefit these poor people !?

My heart goes out for the suffering. It's not right .

But what is the solution ?! X
    So what of it ??

:

http://news.yahoo.com/hungary-sees-r...102132356.html

https://www.google.ie/search?q=migra...8fBbSX5mdw0%3D

My own farm property is not far off that path . Now this more than a philosophical discussion .

I've seen what devastation Mexican / South American illegal immigrants wreak on the Texas , Arizona landscape and society .

Now -- again -- it's on my own doorstep .

What of it !?
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

So what of it ??

I've seen what devastation Mexican / South American illegal immigrants wreak on the Texas , Arizona landscape and society .

Now -- again -- it's on my own doorstep .

What of it !?
    DONALD TRUMP for President!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    No such thing as a peacetime army!!

Not all soldiers are psycho/sociopath types who don't care about other people suffering. Some are, most aren't but there are situations where it would help.

Those who joined the National Guard in the US because of scarcity of other work or trying to get money to fund college and didn't expect deployment to war zones should have watched the TV news more. If you cant handle the likelihood of the dark side then go look elsewhere for work.
    The National Gurad cannot be deployed outside of America unless they ask ( I could be wrong )
    I do believe it,s the army reservists and not the N.G.? you are referring to....

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

But at the same time , what are the countries that are being besieged to do !??

Can Europe absorb all the immigrants breaching its borders ?

: just this morning on the News >> in Macedonia a couple of people hurt as police fire TearGas into crowd of

illegal immigrants trying to cross from Greece into their country.

As per the News Piece : look at the lay of the land >> Greece , Macedonia , Hungary (?) , Austria , Germany , UK ...

Hordes of destitute desperate people trying to get 'someplace' .

What are these countries to do !??

I'm just back from 3 months traveling Asia -- huge issue with Bangladeshi natives crossing from Burma to Thailand etc.

Boats afloat , hundreds of people starving and dying of thirst.

They refused Thailand's permission to land because they were aiming to get further / farther.

: mass graves found and unearthed along borders >> Coyotes (as we call them in Cali - people smugglers ) keeping

people in camps in midst of jungles , forcing the destitute immigrants at the hand of torture to call their families

to pay ransom. . . .

It's a mess ! A mess all around !!

But what is Greece or Italy or etc. , UK to do !??

Will you sacrifice the well being and future of your children to benefit these poor people !?

My heart goes out for the suffering. It's not right .

But what is the solution ?! X
    Why do you feel the need to constantly name drop places you have "visited"?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Most armies are peacetime armies who spend their time twiddling their thumbs.
    War for armies is not the norm .
    The norm is being in barracks, training , parading , keeping boots polished and creases in trousers.A lot of armchair warriors are sounding off on this thread I think.
    2000 years ago the Roman army spent far more time engaged In building things than being engaged in actual warfare.
    And ultimately the US military forces and the American taxpayer were let down by being sent into, what anyone with a stem of sense, would have seen from the beginning were going to ultimately be exercises in futility.
    Admittedly the kneejerk reactions to enter Iraq and Afghanistan are understandable in the context/wake of 9/11.
    There is an argument for that they should have gone into Afghanistan but they never should have gone into Iraq.
    They created a vacuum and totally unbalanced the region now to the cost of Europe.
    Where it ends God only knows
    I,d say there,ll be so much civil unrest in Europe in the next few years that the army,s main job will be to keep the peace in their own countries.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (09-09-15), tom sand (28-08-15)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011