Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Doormen on apartments wtf???

Reviews

Default Doormen on apartments wtf???

Anybody else had any dealings with doormen when visiting apartments?

Today I was meant to see a girl staying at an apartment block I had never been too. I walked around the area, getting my bearings and finding out where the door was. I phoned her when I got to the place and she told me the floor number and room seperately while I was at the keypad. I couldn't hear properly as it was quite windy and she had hung up so I walked round the corner and texted her and she told me the floor number was ** and the room was *.

When I went back to the keypad, I looked and noticed the numbers where 4 digits so I didn't know if the room was 0*** or just *** so I scrolled using the arrow keys to see if I could see a pattern for a few seconds when I heard the door going. I just assumed it was someone leaving and I would just go in as they where leaving seeing the girl knew I was coming. I turned around to see a big guy in a suit who asked me quite sternly if I was ok. I freaked as suddenly the girls room information disappeared from my head and I was thinking if I answered it would lead to more questions, so I was "nah mate I'm ok" and got away from there pretty quickly. The girl phoned me and I had to apologise as tbh I couldn't go back to the apartment block after nervously getting away from the inquisitive man at the door. I had a bad feeling about it as with the new law and a previous feeling with another girl who nastily said "I can't see through walls" when I was trying to visit her, I did and it was horrible, so I declined trying to go back to the apartment.

I sent her a text explaining in a non flustered way, as was when I was on the phone, about the guy, so far she hasn't texted back so I don't know where I stand with her now. She sounded ok on the phone and not angry but I'm not sure if I am banned from visiting her.

I think in my panic and shock at the question I probably reacted wrong, but what would you do in the same situation?
    Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post:

casman (04-08-15), hitman76 (04-08-15), LLLLL (05-08-15), Wolverine (03-08-15)

Reviews

Probably the exact same as you did.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

TonyStark (03-08-15)

Reviews

Pissed off about the whole thing as I had been setting it up since yesterday afternoon and looking forward to a meeting with her all ruined because of some suited prick asking questions :/
    Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die

Reviews

you panicked big time, i would have txt her confirming the code then strolled back 10 minutes later.
    what is a doorman going to do?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dan8808 For This Useful Post:

The dirt bird (03-08-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I probably would have instinctively reverted back to my army training and went all Jason Bourne on him.
    Last edited by WatWatWat; 03-08-15 at 18:59.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

abcodiver (04-08-15), The dirt bird (03-08-15), tom sand (03-08-15), Wolverine (03-08-15)

Reviews

Probably best for both she and you that you left.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    Anybody else had any dealings with doormen when visiting apartments?

Today I was meant to see a girl staying at an apartment block I had never been too. I walked around the area, getting my bearings and finding out where the door was. I phoned her when I got to the place and she told me the floor number and room seperately while I was at the keypad. I couldn't hear properly as it was quite windy and she had hung up so I walked round the corner and texted her and she told me the floor number was ** and the room was *.

When I went back to the keypad, I looked and noticed the numbers where 4 digits so I didn't know if the room was 0*** or just *** so I scrolled using the arrow keys to see if I could see a pattern for a few seconds when I heard the door going. I just assumed it was someone leaving and I would just go in as they where leaving seeing the girl knew I was coming. I turned around to see a big guy in a suit who asked me quite sternly if I was ok. I freaked as suddenly the girls room information disappeared from my head and I was thinking if I answered it would lead to more questions, so I was "nah mate I'm ok" and got away from there pretty quickly. The girl phoned me and I had to apologise as tbh I couldn't go back to the apartment block after nervously getting away from the inquisitive man at the door. I had a bad feeling about it as with the new law and a previous feeling with another girl who nastily said "I can't see through walls" when I was trying to visit her, I did and it was horrible, so I declined trying to go back to the apartment.

I sent her a text explaining in a non flustered way, as was when I was on the phone, about the guy, so far she hasn't texted back so I don't know where I stand with her now. She sounded ok on the phone and not angry but I'm not sure if I am banned from visiting her.

I think in my panic and shock at the question I probably reacted wrong, but what would you do in the same situation?
    Why would you be banned from seeing her? Don't assume blame, it's her fault not yours, she should of told you about the doorman
    I WAS SENT BY HIM WHO IS CALLED I AM

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenton For This Useful Post:

The dirt bird (03-08-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dan8808 View Post
    you panicked big time, i would have txt her confirming the code then strolled back 10 minutes later.
    what is a doorman going to do?
    I was already at the keypad talking to her on the phone when I couldn't hear correctly, I texted her, went back to the keypad and that's where the confusion started as she didn't tell me the number to put in, just the floor number and room and couldn't tell if it was 4 digits or 3, that's when the suited man came out. I say I'm away to see a friend and he asks who and where? He sees a lot of people going in and out, he could be a complete jobsworth and contact the police getting her in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Probably best for both she and you that you left.
    In hindsight yes but so bloody pissed off with the whole situation as it's something I've never encountered before and now I'm gonna have to ask if where the girl stays has doormen and stay away from that building :/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (03-08-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    Pissed off about the whole thing as I had been setting it up since yesterday afternoon and looking forward to a meeting with her all ruined because of some suited prick asking questions :/
    I only know of one block in Belfast that has a doorman, as I went there with a view to getting an apartment there. The security guard was lovely and really helpful. He even gave me a number for someone who had an empty penthouse to rent out. Of course I knew then that there was no way I could work there so abandoned the idea.

I won't say which place in case she is working there, but it's in the City and it's very tall!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

The dirt bird (03-08-15), TonyStark (03-08-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I only know of one block in Belfast that has a doorman, as I went there with a view to getting an apartment there. The security guard was lovely and really helpful. He even gave me a number for someone who had an empty penthouse to rent out. Of course I knew then that there was no way I could work there so abandoned the idea.

I won't say which place in case she is working there, but it's in the City and it's very tall!
    I'm guessing it's the same place as this place has a smaller brother with a similar name beside it and has a nice riverside view.

So I guess this place has a doorman and I am now never going back to this place.

Why does a private apartment block have doormen anyway? And what business is it to them why I'm there?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast