Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Doormen on apartments wtf???

Reviews

A similar sort of thing happened to me last week. I went to see a new girl in an apartment block I had not visited before. I found the building and parked up close by, phoned the girl and she told me floor number etc. I ambled across the road and opened the door to see a doorman sitting behind a desk, I must admit it surprised me but I calmly walked over to the lift and entered the floor number. It was then that I noticed the doorman was talking to someone, I turned around and near what myself. Sitting there were two PSNI officers !!! I calmly turned back around and prayed to every god known to man for the lift diors to open. It felt like forevere but they eventually did, I made it to the floor where the girl was waiting, we agreed it might not be best to go through with the appointment so I turned and ran the gauntlet again.

Certainly got the old pump going, hopefully they wont be there when I go back on Weds, well she IS cute ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    I'm guessing it's the same place as this place has a smaller brother with a similar name beside it and has a nice riverside view.

So I guess this place has a doorman and I am now never going back to this place.

Why does a private apartment block have doormen anyway? And what business is it to them why I'm there?
    To be honest, if I lived there and wasn't looking to work there I would be delighted, as it's really secure. The guy literally talked to everyone that came through the door when I was there, which was very disconcerting when you know you have something to hide, but great if you want to feel safe and secure in your home. They do have some serviced apartments in there, so you could get away with it, but you would have to know that in order to pull it off and have a good idea of where you are going.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Sexy Sandy 69 (03-08-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    To be honest, if I lived there and wasn't looking to work there I would be delighted, as it's really secure. The guy literally talked to everyone that came through the door when I was there, which was very disconcerting when you know you have something to hide, but great if you want to feel safe and secure in your home. They do have some serviced apartments in there, so you could get away with it, but you would have to know that in order to pull it off and have a good idea of where you are going.
    Well if the guy is gonna talk to everybody and me being nervous as it is with meeting someone for the first time in an apartment block I've never been in then probably a good idea I cut and ran.
    Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1968 View Post
    A similar sort of thing happened to me last week. I went to see a new girl in an apartment block I had not visited before. I found the building and parked up close by, phoned the girl and she told me floor number etc. I ambled across the road and opened the door to see a doorman sitting behind a desk, I must admit it surprised me but I calmly walked over to the lift and entered the floor number. It was then that I noticed the doorman was talking to someone, I turned around and near what myself. Sitting there were two PSNI officers !!! I calmly turned back around and prayed to every god known to man for the lift diors to open. It felt like forevere but they eventually did, I made it to the floor where the girl was waiting, we agreed it might not be best to go through with the appointment so I turned and ran the gauntlet again.

Certainly got the old pump going, hopefully they wont be there when I go back on Weds, well she IS cute ...
    Another way round that would just be to make sure you didn't leave at an expected leaving time, so not exactly half an hour later or an hour later, but a bit before or after. Or have something with you when you leave, like a book, so it looks like you've just picked something up. Maybe take a bag in with you and be holding the contents on the way out etc.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1968 View Post

I'm guessing if her last day is Wednesday at the minute then it is the same girl we're talking about and if he was talking to two psni then I'm glad I hightailed.
    Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    Well if the guy is gonna talk to everybody and me being nervous as it is with meeting someone for the first time in an apartment block I've never been in then probably a good idea I cut and ran.
    It's not an ideal place to work and I doubt she will go there again. Maybe if you can give her some advice on better places to stay for next time she will be more forgiving for you running x

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    It's not an ideal place to work and I doubt she will go there again. Maybe if you can give her some advice on better places to stay for next time she will be more forgiving for you running x
    If there is a next time with her, when I first started this hobby, a few ladies where very unforgiving when it came to my screwups

If it's the same place where all thinking of I know it well. There is a least 10 short stay apartments there and there's party's in it every night. I've a few mates that live in that block and there always giving off about the noise. I also know some one who works for the letting agency and she tells me all sorts of stories lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Richyboy View Post
    If it's the same place where all thinking of I know it well. There is a least 10 short stay apartments there and there's party's in it every night. I've a few mates that live in that block and there always giving off about the noise. I also know some one who works for the letting agency and she tells me all sorts of stories lol
    i've been to a few of those parties lol
    Can feel the urge returning

To punt or not to punt...that is the question!!!

Reviews

Belfast is the buzz ;-)
    (That ad probably never ran there, though).

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast