Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Not all Romanians are prostitutes

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Renatha Lopez View Post
    Next stop Romania
    why do you want to go there?

All the Romanians I have met have been people, and that's how I have treated them, as people! Just because someone is "foreign" to you doesn't give you the moral high ground. I remember when Romania and Bulgaria were being accepted into the EU there was was so many people going around saying that the pickpockets and thieves are coming and they're going to take us to the cleaners. Well they haven't done any wrong to me that's for sure. Anyway the Irish and the Brits are hardly model world citizens when they go abroad? Alcoholics, layabouts, noisy and quite often trouble makers. I would prefer to be judged on my actions and not my nationality.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DreamCatcher For This Useful Post:

ber (29-07-15), Irish Sarah (29-07-15), lildick (29-07-15), MR-LOVA (29-07-15), Rachel Divine (29-07-15), SophieX (29-07-15), Wolverine (29-07-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post
    All the Romanians I have met have been people, and that's how I have treated them, as people! Just because someone is "foreign" to you doesn't give you the moral high ground. I remember when Romania and Bulgaria were being accepted into the EU there was was so many people going around saying that the pickpockets and thieves are coming and they're going to take us to the cleaners. Well they haven't done any wrong to me that's for sure. Anyway the Irish and the Brits are hardly model world citizens when they go abroad? Alcoholics, layabouts, noisy and quite often trouble makers. I would prefer to be judged on my actions and not my nationality.
    You just said generalizations are bad and then proceeded to generalize Irish and British people abroad even though it's a minority of morons who get up to no good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteNoob For This Useful Post:

xagerate (29-07-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteNoob View Post
    You just said generalizations are bad and then proceeded to generalize Irish and British people abroad even though it's a minority of morons who get up to no good.
    I think what he meant was it can embarrassing when you go abroad and see people from our islands acting like trash. I know I've felt that way once or twice.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

DreamCatcher (29-07-15), Rachel Divine (29-07-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I think what he meant was it can embarrassing when you go abroad and see people from our islands acting like trash. I know I've felt that way once or twice.
    Exactly Wolverine, we're hardly the most well behaved when we're abroad. I've seen this for myself many times.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamCatcher For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (29-07-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post
    Exactly Wolverine, we're hardly the most well behaved when we're abroad. I've seen this for myself many times.
    Sometimes we're not the most well behaved when we're at home or even on this website.

Reviews

I was standing beside a Romanian today on a factory line ;-) , as it so happens.

Reviews

10 countries joined the EU in 2004 and with that came the big influx of Poles especially, Czech/Slovaks, Baltic Staters etc.
    Romania/Bulgaria joined EU in 2007, coinciding with the start of the downturn and think both UK /Ireland had some restriction on labour movement for a couple of years after that.So the Poles etc were here earlier and would have taken a lot of jobs before Romania ns anyway.The old Romanian bias may also be at play as well , with agencies that hirers here might deal with too.
    And I'm guessing a lot of Romanians may prefer to go to places like Spain and Italy anyway.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415