Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a funny old world

Default It's a funny old world

A world where politicians see no contradiction in cutting money for people who need it, while giving themselves a pay rise. And under the banner "we're all in this together."

A world where, under the banner of "culture", people resort to tribal behaviour.

Amongst many other things, of course.

I like to think that I stand strong all the time. But there are lapses of self doubt, and today was one of those days. People talk about a "lost generation" when it comes to unemployment (and they'd be right), but there's another (and equally important) lot out there. They're not thought of at all. I sometimes envisage my body being found dead in a house. Lying there for weeks on end. Papers piled up at the door. People say "oh it's a sad way to go" and never acknowledging their own roles. Forgetting about it after a week.

As I walked about today, I felt even more out of step with the rest of the world. Very much in the way of dating, but in other ways: I don't own a car or drive so I don't have a black hole where all my money goes. I also saw men trying their best to please their women.

People have been abandoned in the neighbouring areas. Images of hospitals left to function without supplies while people knock in vain on the closed doors play through my head. There are times when I watch the news, I feel desensitized to it all, but other times it makes me want to scream. What if, in the coming months, this part of the world descends into turmoil?

How would the vast majority of people react?

That likelihood seems more and more real everyday. The thought of industrial collapse does not fill me with glee, just a deep sense of dread. A realisation that my ideals and politics fall massively short of reality.

Bottom line is that over 2000 years of ruthless competitive social development has left us estranged from each other. I have occasionally thought that walking into the Lagan would be a solution. The problems I've outlined would be over, and I'd be no more. But it can be the simplest thing that spurns me back into fighting form, like this:

Last edited by ZVN60; 18-07-15 at 20:15.
    We live always underground
    It's going to be so quiet in here tonight
    A thousand islands in the sea
    It's a shame

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZVN60 For This Useful Post:

Kenton (19-07-15), Ladyvonteese (19-07-15), Larrii (20-07-15), Melindablondey (18-07-15), nonpareil (18-07-15), Prickly (19-07-15), steve6304 (18-07-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZVN60 View Post
    A world where politicians see no contradiction in cutting money for people who need it, while giving themselves a pay rise. And under the banner "we're all in this together."

A world where, under the banner of "culture", people resort to tribal behaviour.

I like to think that I stand strong all the time. But there are lapses of self doubt, and today was one of those days. People talk about a "lost generation" when it comes to unemployment (and they'd be right), but there's another (and equally important) lot out there. They're not thought of at all. I sometimes envisage my body being found dead in a house. Lying there for weeks on end. Papers piled up at the door. People say "oh it's a sad way to go" and never acknowledging their own roles. Forgetting about it after a week.

As I walked about today, I felt even more out of step with the rest of the world. Very much in the way of dating, but in other ways: I don't own a car or drive so I don't have a black hole where all my money goes. I also saw men trying their best to please their women.

People have been abandoned in the neighbouring areas. Images of hospitals left to function without supplies while people knock in vain on the closed doors play through my head. There are times when I watch the news, I feel desensitized to it all, but other times it makes me want to scream. What if, in the coming months, this part of the world descends into turmoil?

That likelihood seems more and more real everyday. The thought of industrial collapse does not fill me with glee, just a deep sense of dread. A realisation that my ideals and politics fall massively short of reality.

Bottom line is that over 2000 years of ruthless competitive social development has left us estranged from each other. I have occasionally thought that walking into the Lagan would be a solution. The problems I've outlined would be over, and I'd be no more. But it can be the simplest thing that spurns me back into fighting form, like this:

Normally I believe 'knowledge is power', but in your case it isn't. Too much knowledge and understanding is a burden and one you need to let go of a little. Find a little hope and hold on to it. Somewhere a long the line a thread of sense will prevail and logic will be listened to. It's just a matter of how far down the line do we need to go before it happens.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (18-07-15), Melindablondey (18-07-15), nonpareil (18-07-15), Prickly (19-07-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    Normally I believe 'knowledge is power', but in your case it isn't. Too much knowledge and understanding is a burden and one you need to let go of a little. Find a little hope and hold on to it. Somewhere a long the line a thread of sense will prevail and logic will be listened to. It's just a matter of how far down the line do we need to go before it happens.
    Jaysus Kate... fair play...

Reviews

I wouldnt bet on it, not coming up here anyway

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (18-07-15), Larrii (20-07-15)

Reviews

First world problems

I agree, you should .
    Last edited by Jiberjabber; 19-07-15 at 02:34. Reason: Or at least do us all a favour and stop whining like a faggot here...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Your an enabler why don't you lend him your gun? Oh wait your a fucking nut, you don't have one!
    You're a funny guy, calling me an enabler when all you do is piss and moan about how hard you have it in the hopes of getting a little sympathy from the cretins on this shithole of a forum. Yera, judge away all you want, I'm sure your new buddy Jamescork will give you a shoulder to cry on.

Reviews

Yes your 100% right. I don't cry to anyone in the real world so a little crying & sympathy off strangers is most welcome when they could just be complete assholes like you.

Cretins you say? have you read your posts? Angry man fuck off.
    Angry? Did I hit a nerve or something

Last edited by Jiberjabber; 19-07-15 at 02:57. Reason: Don't answer, I don't care, you're a fucking tool.

Reviews

Yes. I know to many people that have killed themselves or tried to recently.
    Of course you do, and you're such a unique flower. But do carry on, it's so interesting hearing about how hard you've got it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Reviews

But I will let it run it's course anything else is not thinking straight.
    Don't go getting all stroppy n' shit. An aunt of mine recently decided to end it all with a belly full of pills. The selfish cunt left two kids behind her. Just to put it in perspective

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ZVN60 View Post

You're not the only one to think this or imagine the outcome. Civilisation, law and order are just barely holding on and there's no such thing as fairness or justice. But once you accept this then it doesn't matter anymore. Being socially isolated can make things seem a lot worse, but can also make us more aware and even more sympathetic to the plight of others. It's a double edged sword. But overall, I agree, we're heading to a bad place.

You'd be better off taking Kate's advice, of course.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prickly For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (19-07-15), Melindablondey (20-07-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast