22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 90.91%
  • No

2 9.09%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we judged women by their looks

Reviews

She is gay its about looks.if you prefer.
    Tess Daly Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1222526379.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	110894 anne robinson Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesM2JN6BLC.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	110895
    Quote Originally Posted by bootboy View Post
    I really tried to opt for one of the ladies on the right hand side but I failed !

I was upset mind when I heard that Clare was gay . I think she is a terrific presenter.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    She is gay its about looks.if you prefer.
    Tess Daly Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1222526379.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	110894 anne robinson Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesM2JN6BLC.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	110895
    That's a tough choice. Let me ponder that one a while !

Tess is in great nick for a 45 yr old !

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    maria sharapova Attachment 110880 serena Williams Attachment 110881

sarah palin Attachment 110882 Angela Merkel Attachment 110883

holly Willoughby Attachment 110884 clare balding Attachment 110885
    I keep telling ye, Holly Willoughby looks like our lovely beautiful Rubina, but no doubt Rubina is more skilled!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    I keep telling ye, Holly Willoughby looks like our lovely beautiful Rubina, but no doubt Rubina is more skilled!
    Poor ole Rubina must have deteriorated dramatically recently so !

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bootboy View Post
    Poor ole Rubina must have deteriorated dramatically recently so !
    Never, Rubina looks better than her as well!

The Warty Norahs of this world have as much right to be on this planet as anybody else! I am trained in First aid to a very high level and when I have been called to do it on the street, it has never been and never will be to a Sophia Loren look a like!
    But the reality is if I did not find a woman attractive, there would be no possibility of a relationship between me and her! But there has to be more than just looks, in Hertzberg terminology, looks are a 'Hygeine' factor.
    Saying that looks are not important is the equivalent of saying money doesn't matter, it's quite simply rubbish and everyone from at least the age of 5, knows this intuitively!
    There is also no link between how attractive a woman is and how decent a person she is or how sexually skilled she is!
    Also the research (sorry can't quote chapter and verse) indicates the most successful people in all walks of life are actually - good looking men, as the saying is have you ever seen a good looking homeless man? or good looking homeless woman?
    Mind you in Ireland, given its classist nature as a society, which drives me insane, the most successful people are those who are well connected, regardless of education, skills or looks!
    There certainly is an aspect though the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I remember a lot of my mates in college were quite taken by a Northern lady called Angie, now she was and is an absolutely spot on woman, but I could never see what they saw in her lookswise! Also, classically Meryl Streep does it for a lot of men, I think she is an outstanding actor, but TBH a bit of a Mádra!
    Re how important is intelligence, well if your ugly and academically smart, it will devalue your intelligence, because people will assume the only reason, you got good exam results were you were in book learning, afraid to show your face anywhere!
    Also very sadly a young man in Dublin took his own life citing severe acne as a reason, well the experts were on stating affirmatively that no skin issue could lead to this and it cannot influence somebody getting a partner - I thought that was nonsense because of course it could!
    Also a few years ago, when they brought in public suggestions for knighthoods, one of the first recipients was a much liked lollipop man, who suffered from quite bad elephantitis, now he came across as a lovely man, but if he didn't have that condition, he probably would be doing something more lucrative (though possibly contributing less to society!) Also would the public accept a doctor with elephantitis working as a GP? Probably not, such a person would be restricted to doing research work!
    Sorry to go on a bit on this, but we very rarely hear the absolute truth on 'looks' and their importance!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quattroporte View Post
    I suppose you expect me to apologize, because you are either to lazy to read it or to thick to understand it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

Quattroporte (08-07-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quattroporte View Post

Where's the slice in your graph for people that have read it previously on numerous occasions and consistently found it to be waffling bullshit?

I suppose you expect me to apologize, because you are either to lazy to read it or to thick to understand it!
    I've learned to expect very little

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    Where's the slice in your graph for people that have read it previously on numerous occasions and consistently found it to be waffling bullshit?
    Adding too many slices would have run contrary to the minimalist approach I was advocating.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quattroporte For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (08-07-15)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast