Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have to LOL at Enda Kenny,

Reviews

Not a penny more/ my way or Frankfurts way/ no property tax/ no water charges, well we all know who has won for the time being anyway!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    This country was bankrupt.
    Kenny &Co had no options as the stupid banks needed massive investments of capital from the Europeans to prevent economic collapse and worse than what the Greeks are flirting with at the moment.
    After the boom the government tax take had fallen dramatically hence outside borrowing was and still is needed. If the Irish had tried to dictate things would and were explained to them (ie they had no power to bargain) to continue to receive that outside money .
    By 2007/08 the Irish were bent over a barrel and had little ability to cope or have any real bargaining power when the global financial crisis came.They found themselves in this position in large part by their own actions, unrestrained reckless borrowing and lending.
    Not much more could have been achieved in the intervening years .
    The decision to guarantee the Anglo Irish bank debts was taken by the previous government. And if the bondholders in Anglo had been burned to any large degree the government might have been shut out of borrowing anyway.
    This thing of Irish paying the debts of Europe or Germany.Irish are paying the debts of the Irish people/developers who were allowed to over borrow and pay lunatic money for property, and they were allowed do this by the Irish system/government with not even an attempt to apply the brakes.
    Ya you hit the nail on the head bud
    But I think they could have and should have burnt Anglo,even investor from USA thought their investment there was gone,was on in a program over there.
    As for the rest they had no choice. This gov has put some of the bonds back 40 years ( I could be wrong) it was the best they could do

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KING JAMESon View Post
    Stupid, factually incorrect post.
    Stupid factually incorrect poster.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slavetoyou View Post
    Guy on the left looks dodgy
    Ah they give that up when they get older and have nice pensions to look forward to.

Westside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123