Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New site like first time client

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,049
    Reviews
    2

    Default New site like first time client

    Yes EI's New site has been like a First Time Punter, It was on and off, then up and down and Finally

    It Came and Went

    But like all good punters it will be back again having learned from its previous experience
    Last edited by nitram; 20-06-15 at 11:51.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nitram For This Useful Post:

    Catriona (24-06-15), cp3o (24-06-15), irishdeltaforce (20-06-15), nonpareil (20-06-15), tom sand (24-06-15)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,049
    Reviews
    2

    Default

    Not much has changed since I posted This exceptt It came and went far too many times

    How many bytes of the Cherry do the tech team need to get things right or have they byte n off more than they can process ?
    Last edited by nitram; 24-06-15 at 15:06.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Perhaps more like a timewaster, who you won't be giving a 2nd chance to.
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Dublin 2 22nd till 27th October
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

    nitram (24-06-15), Patt113 (24-06-15)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the doghouse
    Posts
    3,666
    Reviews
    37

    Default

    I could accept that there would be technical issues with launching a whole newly designed format, but surely , reverting back to the original should be a lot easier than this, still the same issues with favourites being either unavailable or someone elses, and then not being able to access the site at all. It is just lucky for EI that there is no competition around, or they would start to suffer. Verdict so far....Epic fail.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

    nitram (24-06-15)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The best of country and city living combined
    Posts
    4,080
    Reviews
    37

    Default

    Just like some people in this world it is temperamental

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

    nitram (24-06-15)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,329
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    If I was paying to be on this site I would be very irate.... Look for a refund
    But I doubt the sale of Goods and services act will be of any use to the pink hearts here!!
    Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flappy For This Useful Post:

    nitram (24-06-15)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,049
    Reviews
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    Just like some people in this world it is temperamental
    But there is temperamental, Very Temperamentall and then there is Just completely FUCKING MENTAL
    Last edited by nitram; 24-06-15 at 15:56.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to nitram For This Useful Post:

    The D Man (24-06-15)

  14. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    484
    Reviews
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    If I was paying to be on this site I would be very irate.... Look for a refund
    But I doubt the sale of Goods and services act will be of any use to the pink hearts here!!
    If it ain't broke , do t fix it !!!!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to ford pefect For This Useful Post:

    nitram (24-06-15)

  16. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hillsborough
    Posts
    1,354
    Reviews
    103

    Default Their job is not easy

    I work with software, so I have more sympathy for the developers. These problems are not easy to solve, and overall the site is top class, so I will not join in the mud-slinging - especially for a site that is free for me.

    The one criticism I would make is communication. Unless I have missed a thread they are not giving regular status updates.

    If they put out posts every day or two with a (dumbed down) explanation of the problems and what they are doing to fix them it would give everyone confidence that they will get to the end of the problems, and they might get messages of gratitude and support instead of cynicism.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to MidlifeCrisis For This Useful Post:

    nitram (24-06-15)

  18. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    not here anymore.
    Posts
    12,323
    Reviews
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeCrisis View Post
    I work with software, so I have more sympathy for the developers. These problems are not easy to solve, and overall the site is top class, so I will not join in the mud-slinging - especially for a site that is free for me.

    The one criticism I would make is communication. Unless I have missed a thread they are not giving regular status updates.

    If they put out posts every day or two with a (dumbed down) explanation of the problems and what they are doing to fix them it would give everyone confidence that they will get to the end of the problems, and they might get messages of gratitude and support instead of cynicism.
    If someone was given this job and had it in development since before christmas and delayed the roll out until now only to fuck it up I would expect a little criticism

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

    nitram (24-06-15)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •