Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sixth Mass Extinction!

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    Watch from about 6min
    I've added this to my 'To watch list'
    It looks quite interesting.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    Shame I won't be able to see that, but the movie 'Westworld', I may just have to download it and watch it.

If it exist, many of us will be going to hell.
    So good luck
    Thanks but don't need it as have been converted by tom rambo's teachings on here, he's got the Direct Line to Heaven you know

Blog Entries

According to researchers from all over the world, we are currently in the middle of Earth's Sixth Mass Extinction.
    Animals species, thanks with a little help from man is dying out 100 times faster than normal rate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...cientists.html

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...an-be-stopped/

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...study-confirms

For me, this is very alarming news and feel angry at man, just because that we can't simply stop killing for sports.
    Do you think that we could help stop the Mass Extinction or is it too late?

What do you think of this, I would like to hear your views on this.
    selfish, greedy, power hungry bastards are destroying our world
    Killing for 'sport' is comprehensible to me, it should be outlawed & those caught doing it should be shot

So much money & time is spent looking at other planets in our solar system & trying to find life or a way for us to survive on them yet we cant look after the beautiful world & all its inhabitants, that we inherited.
    Sickens me to my core.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    selfish, greedy, power hungry bastards are destroying our world
    Killing for 'sport' is comprehensible to me, it should be outlawed & those caught doing it should be shot

So much money & time is spent looking at other planets in our solar system & trying to find life or a way for us to survive on them yet we cant look after the beautiful world & all its inhabitants, that we inherited.
    Sickens me to my core.
    Your second paragraph is something I have often remarked on, I.e. that some people are frenzied and preoccupied by the search for life in other parts of the Universe (S.E.T.I.) even as we blithely destroy many other lifeforms here on our own planet.

Blog Entries

This I do agree very much.
    If we wish to make all the species on the planet extinct including ourselves, then carrying on in what we are doing will take us straight there.

I think the type of energy that we use needs to change as soon as possible.
    Start recycling even more if possible and start planting more trees is also very important instead chopping them down.

They say, if all the bees died out, within the next 3 years, we will all be dead.
    The frustrating thing about renewables is that people are so against change and certainly in the UK & Ireland, people fight to stop progression in that field. Calling them eyesores & coming up with allsorts of reasons why they shouldnt be in their locality. I've had people tell me we dont need them as the world has survived for 1000's of years ( ignoring the fact the world is millions of years old!) Those same people fail to realise that animals have always lived perfectly alongside & with the land as man did until the last 100 or so years when we have done nothing but rob, rape & pillage the land for nothing other than pure greed.
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 20-06-15 at 14:25.

Since the dawn of man, there hasn't been a single day of peace.
    Even Sky News are talking about this issue of the Sixth Extinction.

http://news.sky.com/story/1505520/hu...ass-extinction

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Your second paragraph is something I have often remarked on, I.e. that some people are frenzied and preoccupied by the search for life in other parts of the Universe (S.E.T.I.) even as we blithely destroy many other lifeforms here on our own planet.
    Indeed, I dont understand it myself but then I dont understand how it is acceptable for 6-8 people/corporations to own the vast majority of the wealth in the world when a 3rd of it is starving and another huge percentage are living to work & cant afford to properly live at all.
    Something, someone, somewhere is skewed beyond belief & if human kind dont obliterate themselves into extinction with weapons, over power & greed, then mother nature shall hopefully find her own way to eradicate such an ungrateful & unappreciative race.
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 20-06-15 at 14:33.

Reviews

I believe that women are responsible for quite a bit of environmental degradation, all the bloody cleaning, showers ; make up , buying clothes , throwing away clothes (often made by other women in third world slave like conditions), buying more clothes, washing said clothes, heating water for such washing, the list is endless when compared to their grandmothers of yesteryear.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    I believe that women are responsible for quite a bit of environmental degradation, all the bloody cleaning, showers ; make up , buying clothes , throwing away clothes (often made by other women in third world slave like conditions), buying more clothes, washing said clothes, heating water for such washing, the list is endless when compared to their grandmothers of yesteryear.
    yeah its the womans fault obviously

It is a vast majority of men who make the products & design the clothes!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    Indeed, I dont understand it myself but then I dont understand how it is acceptable for 6-8 people/corporations to own the vast majority of the wealth in the world when a 3rd of it is starving and another huge percentage are living to work & cant afford to properly live at all.
    Something, someone, somewhere is skewed beyond belief & if human kind dont obliterate themselves into extinction with weapons, over power & greed, then mother nature shall hopefully find her own way to eradicate such an ungrateful & unappreciative race.
    They say the human animal is the only animal that knows that it is going to die.
    All species also have a time span, they come and go over the aeons. At some stage in the far and hopefully distant future humans such as us us will probably not exist . Unfortunately for us we now have the ability to hasten that doomsday scenario, some of us may have the intelligence to realise this but it is probable that we don't have the intelligence or ability to do much about it except to continue on our merry way , doing much the same,business as usual.Just be grateful that you were born in the time and place that you were.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast