Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Such a sad tragedy!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the Boardroom table!
    Posts
    5,348
    Blog Entries
    6

    Unhappy Such a sad tragedy!

    Oh my god I've just seen the awful story of the 6 young Irish people killed in California

    http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0616/708497-california/


    My sincerest & deepest sympathies to all their families x


  2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

    Best Before (17-06-15), Escort AdvertiserRafaella25 (17-06-15), dr love (18-06-15), Flappy (20-06-15), irishdeltaforce (18-06-15), Ketchup (18-06-15), Melindablondey (18-06-15), nitram (17-06-15), nonpareil (20-06-15), scouserpete (17-06-15), Escort AdvertiserSonyaxx (17-06-15), SteveB (17-06-15), The D Man (17-06-15), The dirt bird (19-06-15), tom sand (17-06-15), willie wacker (17-06-15), Escort AdvertiserYoungIrishGirl (17-06-15), zoozoozoo (17-06-15)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    18,967
    Reviews
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    Oh my god I've just seen the awful story of the 6 young Irish people killed in California

    http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0616/708497-california/


    My sincerest & deepest sympathies to all their families x

    Sorry you only heard it now.
    Prayers and thoughts go out to the families





    " WE ARE CONNACHT "

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

    Melindablondey (20-06-15), Naughtynatalie (17-06-15), The D Man (18-06-15)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the Boardroom table!
    Posts
    5,348
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Sorry you only heard it now.
    Prayers and thoughts go out to the families



    I dont watch the news Willie & was kept entertained here yesterday so wasnt on that many other sites!
    Its shocking!
    I cant imagine how their families must be feeling!
    I can only hope the others who were seriously injured fully recover from terrible incident xx

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

    Melindablondey (20-06-15), willie wacker (17-06-15)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    18,967
    Reviews
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    I dont watch the news Willie & was kept entertained here yesterday so wasnt on that many other sites!
    Its shocking!
    I cant imagine how their families must be feeling!
    I can only hope the others who were seriously injured fully recover from terrible incident xx
    Hope they do aswell but their heads will never be the same again.


    " WE ARE CONNACHT "

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

    Melindablondey (20-06-15), Naughtynatalie (17-06-15)

  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Will be very interesting to see what caused it. It will probably all come down to whether the balcony was made to hold that amount of people and whether they were dancing on it or not or whether it was already faulty which will be very hard to prove. It shouldnt just come away like that.

    Westside.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

    Naughtynatalie (17-06-15)

  11. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    18,967
    Reviews
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Will be very interesting to see what caused it. It will probably all come down to whether the balcony was made to hold that amount of people and whether they were dancing on it or not or whether it was already faulty which will be very hard to prove. It shouldnt just come away like that.

    Westside.
    Combination of both I think. It seems was, caused by severe rot, according to the papers


    " WE ARE CONNACHT "

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

    Naughtynatalie (17-06-15)

  13. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the Boardroom table!
    Posts
    5,348
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Hope they do aswell but their heads will never be the same again.
    I know, my heart goes out to them xx

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Will be very interesting to see what caused it. It will probably all come down to whether the balcony was made to hold that amount of people and whether they were dancing on it or not or whether it was already faulty which will be very hard to prove. It shouldnt just come away like that.

    Westside.
    Indeed, its unbelieveable to say the least. I cant get my head around it at all.
    I say it'll take a while for the truth to come out, if at all.
    There isnt a construction company in the world that would want to be held responsible for such a tradegy.
    I'm stating the obvious I know but its just horrendous

  14. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    18,967
    Reviews
    68

    Default



    " WE ARE CONNACHT "

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

    Melindablondey (18-06-15), Naughtynatalie (17-06-15), The dirt bird (19-06-15)

  16. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    783
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    saw this yesterday, so sad,

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chez For This Useful Post:

    Naughtynatalie (17-06-15)

  18. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,374
    Reviews
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Will be very interesting to see what caused it. It will probably all come down to whether the balcony was made to hold that amount of people and whether they were dancing on it or not or whether it was already faulty which will be very hard to prove. It shouldnt just come away like that.

    Westside.
    Building regulations almost everywhere, certainly in the US, state that if a balcony is big enough to hold thirteen people then it has to be strong enough to hold thirteen people with a considerable safety margin.
    But everything can fail. Probably corrosion in the reinforcing metalwork.

    Terrible tragedy.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

    Melindablondey (18-06-15), Naughtynatalie (17-06-15), Escort AdvertiserSexy Sandy 69 (17-06-15)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •