Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need new laptop - advise please

Reviews

Default Need new laptop - advise please

My pentium 4 laptop got too slow and not working at time so on the lookout for a good laptop, all you hear about is quad core, I3, I5, I7 Laptops now so which is best, got about €300 to spent
    Last edited by Johnny Simpleton; 13-06-15 at 09:13.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Simpleton For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (13-06-15)

If you are only going to be using a laptop for low-resource intensive tasks (Ms Office Word/Excel/Access, Web Browsers, Playing Music & Film etc) you don't need to pass much heed of cpu specs like what you mentioned.
    At 300 euro it's going to be a low end machine anyway, but still good for what most people will need.
    I would be more interested in looking into why your current laptop is slow and see if anything can be done to get is sorted (Laptop repair shop...?)
    I will send you a PM on lots that can be done but if you need to buy new let it be a last resort.

4. Default

I wanted to say Dell or Hewlett Packard - till you mentioned the price you wanted to spent...

What about you back up all your data - and reinstall Windows? - this might solve the problem (as most liely you installed a lot o unnecessary software which slows your system down).
    Last edited by Conrad de Montferrat; 13-06-15 at 16:16.

I got myself a new Dell laptop with an i3 processor, 2.50 GHz processor speed, 8GB installed memory, full Office installed, antivirus etc. for a mere 260 Euro, he even delivered it to me. It has Windows 7, I just don't like Windows 8, that's the reason I avoided upgrading my previous old laptop, but with such a deal I can be a happy user until Windows 10 will be released.

For my needs - light browsing, some PC games, the occasional movie and some documents to create, it's just perfect, I'll upgrade to i7 or something even faster in time but honesty I don't really need it.

If you look on DoneDeal, there are some good deals there. If you need the number of the person that got my computer, he's got more as far as I know, various kinds, just PM me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amy Alison For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (13-06-15)

I'd spend a little more and get a second hand Macbook air......tis a beautiful machine.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irish Fiona For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (13-06-15), Petros (14-06-15), TiffanyTees (14-06-15)

Reviews

My advice to you is save up a bit more. I think you can get one from dell on their website for around €400.

The more u spend the better, my laptop is touch screen , cost me €850 not including the €79 i spent on mocrosoft office and i pay €25 a year for security. To be fair im always on the laptop so i don't mind spending a good deal on it.

But my advice for you is buy off the Dell website.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

I got a Alien ware M17X machine by Dell , saved up months for it, awesome machine, raw power, really is out of this world and galaxies ahead of the rest

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oh Kevin For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Don't buy one from travelling salesmen, I looked at one from them and told him ' they're hot' and he said of course it would be shure i'm using it as last 4 hours non stop, he was the right smart arse and was only going to get some other unfortunate guys laptop.
    Thieving gits
    Last edited by Oh Kevin; 13-06-15 at 16:54.

Reviews

Steer clear from Dell (and Alienware for that matter). They're completely overpriced for what you're getting. Far superior brands on the market. Asus is IMO one of the best considering the quality and what you get for your buck.

For anyone looking into gaming computers, you're better off building your own. Or buy all the components and hire someone to build it for you.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

TiffanyTees (14-06-15)

16. Default

Hm 4 votes for Dell - 1 against it

Dell has high quality and its worth it. A friend of mine has an Asus and it gets really hot very quick...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast