Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need new laptop - advise please

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Get a 2nd hand Lenovo Thinkpad. Very well built, you could hammer in nails with them and parts are easy come by should you need it since they are the staple of the business world.

Not to mention the glorious clit-mouse.

300 on a 2nd hand thinkpad will get you a way better spec machine than a brand new piece of shit at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by FatBastard View Post
    Get a 2nd hand Lenovo Thinkpad. Very well built, you could hammer in nails with them and parts are easy come by should you need it since they are the staple of the business world.

300 on a 2nd hand thinkpad will get you a way better spec machine than a brand new piece of shit at that price.
    Agree, my first choice was Lenovo Thinkpad but where I inquired were sold out. Some of them are even equipped against spilling.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Steer clear from Dell (and Alienware for that matter). They're completely overpriced for what you're getting. Far superior brands on the market. Asus is IMO one of the best considering the quality and what you get for your buck.

For anyone looking into gaming computers, you're better off building your own. Or buy all the components and hire someone to build it for you.
    never had problems with them and Dell have a great resale too,

Reviews

It's funny how opinions differ.
    After two faulty laptops in a row and their incompetent tech support wasting my time I have given up on Dell forever.
    I wouldn't have one if I got it for nothing.

5. Default

I have to use for many years Thinkpads for work. They were great as long they were sold by IBM. Since Lenovo is doing that the quality went down in my opinion. Couple of times problems with the cooling of the CPU - and hard drive failures

Reviews

I work in the industry and have bought many laptops. Your budget is quite low, but you can get decent budget laptops for that.

I have bought two Acer laptops from Amazon for around that price and both have been good. Here is one example from Amazon UK that would be a good buy - perhaps a tiny bit more than you said.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-EX2510-...acer+i3+laptop

Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Under 100 for a Thinkpad T61. Older Intel dual core CPU. Spend another 100 on a 120gb SSD and max out the ram to 4gb and you'll have a bomb proof machine thats faster than the sub 200 argos shite you buy new (fucking AMD 1.4 ghz dual cores), the SSD will make it fly, the keyboards and clit-mouses are fantastic, they have the water channels if you spill shit on them, and parts (screens, etc) are cheap to buy and easy to fit.

also microsoftsoftwareswap subreddit you can buy MS keys for windows/office cheap as chips.

Reviews

older dual core are outdated now even the i3's are old news, go for the i5 secondhand if you can, still plenty of bargains out there

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad de Montferrat View Post
    I have to use for many years Thinkpads for work. They were great as long they were sold by IBM. Since Lenovo is doing that the quality went down in my opinion. Couple of times problems with the cooling of the CPU - and hard drive failures
    totally agree with you the lenova are of inferior quality

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FatBastard View Post

thats just filthy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast