Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Refractory Period Myth?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,692

    Default Refractory Period Myth?

    I've always considered the refractory period a bit of a myth. As a teenager I didn't know about it and I was pulling out of myself whenever I had spare time, a spare hand or a spare errection.
    I remember in my 20s reading everywoman and thinking what bullshit. With a bit of interested penis worship I could go on for another helping or 3, with no more of a rest period than a change of position would take, until I was drained completely.
    Nowadays I'm no longer the stud I once was, but if I save up for a day or 2, I can go on for a helping of oral without any droop, sometimes shooting another load within 20 seconds.
    All too often though, I find that the woman presumes its all over once she feels a few thrusts of my pelvis, this is very off putting, a good lover should at least check for signs of life.
    Certainly, sometimes I do shoot one load and I'm done, but for me, theres no rule and a lot has to do with attitude, diet, rest, actractiveness and compatibility.
    Oppinions please.
    If the Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know it's Me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,428
    Reviews
    11

    Default

    I must say I value my reflectory period...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,349
    Reviews
    153

    Default

    GOOGLE to the rescue (via Wikipedia)

    1. Refractory period (physiology), the amount of time it takes for an excitable membrane to be ready for a second stimulus once it returns to its resting state following excitation in the areas of biology, physiology, and cardiology.
    2. Refractory period (sex), the recovery phase after orgasm during which it is physiologically impossible for an individual to have additional orgasms.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refract...riod_%28sex%29

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

    Kenton (11-06-15)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,721
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    GOOGLE to the rescue (via Wikipedia)

    1. Refractory period (physiology), the amount of time it takes for an excitable membrane to be ready for a second stimulus once it returns to its resting state following excitation in the areas of biology, physiology, and cardiology.
    2. Refractory period (sex), the recovery phase after orgasm during which it is physiologically impossible for an individual to have additional orgasms.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refract...riod_%28sex%29
    Thanks, even Clueless seems to know WTF he was on about!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to irishdeltaforce For This Useful Post:

    Cosa Nostra (11-06-15)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    GOOGLE to the rescue (via Wikipedia)

    1. Refractory period (physiology), the amount of time it takes for an excitable membrane to be ready for a second stimulus once it returns to its resting state following excitation in the areas of biology, physiology, and cardiology.
    2. Refractory period (sex), the recovery phase after orgasm during which it is physiologically impossible for an individual to have additional orgasms.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refract...riod_%28sex%29
    2 sounds like a Masters and Johnston definition. They believed that the refractory period was cumpulsory for a man. As a teenager, I had never heard of Masters And Johnston, I never had any training in masturbation, I just had to figure it out for myself and several times I just continously wanked from one cum to the next till I was drycumming.
    Maybe i was doing it wrong and the guys that wrote the book were correct. What percentage, of women did they say were incapable of orgasm? multiple orgasm? They certainly didn't know it all.
    If the Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know it's Me.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,428
    Reviews
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    GOOGLE to the rescue (via Wikipedia)

    1. Refractory period (physiology), the amount of time it takes for an excitable membrane to be ready for a second stimulus once it returns to its resting state following excitation in the areas of biology, physiology, and cardiology.
    2. Refractory period (sex), the recovery phase after orgasm during which it is physiologically impossible for an individual to have additional orgasms.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refract...riod_%28sex%29

    I must reflect on this--

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,721
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    2 sounds like a Masters and Johnston definition. They believed that the refractory period was cumpulsory for a man. As a teenager, I had never heard of Masters And Johnston, I never had any training in masturbation, I just had to figure it out for myself and several times I just continously wanked from one cum to the next till I was drycumming.
    Maybe i was doing it wrong and the guys that wrote the book were correct. What percentage, of women did they say were incapable of orgasm? multiple orgasm? They certainly didn't know it all.
    Reading this I feel very lucky to have an older sister who's friends used me as a dildo.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,612
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    So you are the chap that rang anabel Taylor yesterday?

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,349
    Reviews
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Reading this I feel very lucky to have an older sister who's friends used me as a dildo.
    I heard they stuck a battery up his arse.
    Wanted to see if he would vibrate

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

    nonpareil (11-06-15), philipkntz (12-06-15)

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    So you are the chap that rang anabel Taylor yesterday?
    Me? No, I'm the guy that never rang her.
    She is on the list though.
    If the Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know it's Me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •