Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Aliens

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    8,175

    Default Aliens

    Somebody on Scotland has just posted this, which I find quite amusing.
    According to Pop Francis, we are meant to meet Aliens today.

    http://www.conspiracyclub.co/2015/06...e-aliens-2015/

    What do you think of this, do you think that we will ever meet ET?
    Death comes to all of us, sometimes sooner than we expect.

    Don't live your day like it is your last, but live it like it is your first.
    New, exciting and fun

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

    Kenton (05-06-15)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,388
    Reviews
    156

    Default

    These aliens will all be practising Catholics, of course.
    All queuing up to kiss his ring.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,388
    Reviews
    156

    Default

    Not so much "if we meet ET", but "why have we not met him already".

    Probably because the distances in space are huge. Even at light speed, which is impossible according to Einsteinís theories, they could not travel any meaningful distance in space.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

    Super ModeratorFloki (05-06-15), irishdeltaforce (05-06-15), nonpareil (05-06-15), tom sand (05-06-15)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,741
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    The Fermi paradox is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilization and humanity's lack of contact with, or evidence for, such civilizations. The basic points of the argument, made by physicists Enrico Fermi and Michael H. Hart, are:

    The Sun is a typical star, and relatively young. There are billions of stars in the galaxy that are billions of years older.
    With high probability, some of these stars will have Earth-like planets.

    Assuming the Earth is typical, some of these planets may develop intelligent life.

    Some of these civilizations may develop interstellar travel, a technology Earth is investigating even now (such as the 100 Year Starship).
    Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the galaxy can be completely colonized in a few tens of millions of years.

    According to this line of thinking, the Earth should already have been colonized, or at least visited.

    But Fermi saw no convincing evidence of this, nor of signs of intelligence elsewhere in our galaxy or (to the extent it would be detectable) elsewhere in the observable universe.

    Hence Fermi's question, "Where is everybody?"

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to irishdeltaforce For This Useful Post:

    Super ModeratorFloki (05-06-15), SteveB (05-06-15), tom sand (05-06-15)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    18,970
    Reviews
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    Somebody on Scotland has just posted this, which I find quite amusing.
    According to Pop Francis, we are meant to meet Aliens today.

    http://www.conspiracyclub.co/2015/06...e-aliens-2015/

    What do you think of this, do you think that we will ever meet ET?
    If you ask me there is too many aliens on this forum


    " WE ARE CONNACHT "

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

    Anya (06-06-15), SmallHorn (05-06-15)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,424
    Reviews
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    The Fermi paradox is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilization and humanity's lack of contact with, or evidence for, such civilizations. The basic points of the argument, made by physicists Enrico Fermi and Michael H. Hart, are:

    The Sun is a typical star, and relatively young. There are billions of stars in the galaxy that are billions of years older.
    With high probability, some of these stars will have Earth-like planets.

    Assuming the Earth is typical, some of these planets may develop intelligent life.

    Some of these civilizations may develop interstellar travel, a technology Earth is investigating even now (such as the 100 Year Starship).
    Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the galaxy can be completely colonized in a few tens of millions of years.

    According to this line of thinking, the Earth should already have been colonized, or at least visited.

    But Fermi saw no convincing evidence of this, nor of signs of intelligence elsewhere in our galaxy or (to the extent it would be detectable) elsewhere in the observable universe.

    Hence Fermi's question, "Where is everybody?"
    Copy / paste at its finest

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,741
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmallHorn View Post
    Copy / paste at its finest
    Like all the best posts!

    What's your point?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to irishdeltaforce For This Useful Post:

    SmallHorn (05-06-15)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    The Fermi paradox is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilization and humanity's lack of contact with, or evidence for, such civilizations. The basic points of the argument, made by physicists Enrico Fermi and Michael H. Hart, are:

    The Sun is a typical star, and relatively young. There are billions of stars in the galaxy that are billions of years older.
    With high probability, some of these stars will have Earth-like planets.

    Assuming the Earth is typical, some of these planets may develop intelligent life.

    Some of these civilizations may develop interstellar travel, a technology Earth is investigating even now (such as the 100 Year Starship).
    Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the galaxy can be completely colonized in a few tens of millions of years.

    According to this line of thinking, the Earth should already have been colonized, or at least visited.

    But Fermi saw no convincing evidence of this, nor of signs of intelligence elsewhere in our galaxy or (to the extent it would be detectable) elsewhere in the observable universe.

    Hence Fermi's question, "Where is everybody?"
    Maybe they've studied us and decide we're not that interesting, I personally hate humanity
    I WAS SENT BY HIM WHO IS CALLED I AM

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenton For This Useful Post:

    irishdeltaforce (05-06-15)

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    8,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    Maybe they've studied us and decide we're not that interesting, I personally hate humanity
    From how violent our species is, who would want to come here?
    Death comes to all of us, sometimes sooner than we expect.

    Don't live your day like it is your last, but live it like it is your first.
    New, exciting and fun

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,741
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    Maybe they've studied us and decide we're not that interesting, I personally hate humanity
    Yes. But I don't let it get me down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •