Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illegal downloading

Default Illegal downloading

Just read an article there and two members of Pink Floyd were complaining about illegal downloads and young artists today not standing a chance, the usual speil. I neve hear of any of these artists, be they Pink Floyd, Metallica, Taylor Swift or U2, actually being pro active about this like for example offering cash incentives to young programmers or whatever to come up with new ways to help battle Piracy, they just bitch and moan "poor me and my artwork" but do nothing
    Last edited by Kenton; 29-05-15 at 08:11.
    I WAS SENT BY HIM WHO IS CALLED I AM

Also I know Metallica, well Lars Ulrich shut down napster, but I mean now a days as I think things have become far more prevalent these days

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    Just read an article there and two members of Pink Floyd were complaining about illegal downloads and young artists today not standing a chance, the usual speil. I neve hear of any of these artists, be they Pink Floyd, Metallica, Taylor Swift or U2, actually being pro active about this like for example offering cash incentives to young programmers or whatever to come up with new ways to help battle Piracy, they just bitch and moan "poor me and my artwork" but do nothing
    These greedy music labels and artists make me sick. I will not pay for something that I can share with an internet friend! Do they think we are all made of money!
    Last edited by KevinACE; 29-05-15 at 08:30.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

zoozoozoo (29-05-15)

Reviews

As Simon Cowel l once said, the music industry is not about artistry, it is about money

Reviews

that there be the pirates
    (said in a pirate voice)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (29-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    These greedy music labels and artists make me sick. I will not pay for something that I can share with an internet friend! Do they think we are all made of money!
    They deserve some time period to make money , if they can from something new, then it should be public domain.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

Kenton (29-05-15)

Reviews

This is a very old image, but it illustrates the point quite well when it comes to Movie Studios, Record Labels etc.

Although things aren't nearly as bad nowadays with things like Netflix, Spotify etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zealot7 For This Useful Post:

Kenton (29-05-15)

Reviews

Ok, u2 and Taylor swift aren't hurting, but there are lots of small bands and talents that struggle for every gig and every record sale.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people download illegally, but I believe if you appreciate the music you should support the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Ok, u2 and Taylor swift aren't hurting, but there are lots of small bands and talents that struggle for every gig and every record sale.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people download illegally, but I believe if you appreciate the music you should support the artist.
    I would support a genuine artist if it justified.
    The thing is these days everyone from Kanye West to last years X factor runner up is labeled "An Artist", and not a product which is closer to reality.
    Ubiquitous music these days is generic garbage with no artistic merit.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post

I agree with you 100% I rarely download music, I like to own a CD, but my point is "Artists" proper piss and moan about people illegally downloading music but they don't contribute to the fight, they just call people thief's and jog on, nothing but mouth pieces

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast