Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The No voters

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default The No voters

40% voted no- who are they and why did they vote no?

I did not see much of the no campaign -so what reasons were out there-

I can only assume the following-

• traditionalists - family unit traditionally man woman & child
    • constitutionalists- don't mess with the definition of family - as this is to be input in section headed family
    •minority interests- every child should have both father & mother
    Y
    Seek and you shall find!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UB40 View Post
    40% voted no- who are they and why did they vote no?

I did not see much of the no campaign -so what reasons were out there-

I can only assume the following-

• traditionalists - family unit traditionally man woman & child
    • constitutionalists- don't mess with the definition of family - as this is to be input in section headed family
    •minority interests- every child should have both father & mother
    Y
    I voted no, nothing again same sex marriages, wasn't about the adults, just done it really for the children that would be involved
    Last edited by Genie in a Bottle; 24-05-15 at 14:34.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genie in a Bottle For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (28-05-15)

Reviews

I voted no.
    IMO marriage is between a man and a woman. Between same sex people it is something different. That was basically it but I am also probably homophobic. But not in an 'in your face' kind of way, gayness especially in its most camp form gives me the heeby geebies

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

bollocks (25-05-15), Conrad de Montferrat (28-05-15), johnb59 (26-05-15)

Reviews

I voted no. Again I consider marraige as between a man and woman. I think there should be a new word coined for same sex unions. I dont think myself homophobic, having enjoyed some mmf action but very camp gayness gives me the creeps too.
    Last edited by philipkntz; 24-05-15 at 17:14.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

johnb59 (26-05-15)

Reviews

I voted yes but the carry on's of some people last nite around town has me thinking was i wrong...
    Ok you won but what I saw last nite if a straight couple were doin it would b all over the papers...
    Hope we don't become the next San Fran...
    What we do in life echo's in eternity

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mr gear For This Useful Post:

Reviews

As i said got nothing again two guys etc getting married but when children are involved, thats where i have concerns, it changes things for me, i can see for one example, young children at school etc being left out, bullied and teased for something out of their control and that just aint right

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Genie in a Bottle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genie in a Bottle View Post
    I voted no, nothing again same sex marriages, wasn't about the adults, just done it really for the children that would be involved
    I am delighted at the yes vote.;;what is wrong with love no matter the gender. and by the way, have you had a look at the statistics regarding children in Ireland lately...? I would say they are better off with two well grounded individuals ( or more) than the pretend, 'traditional' relationships that have been in the past;
    I am a mature (62) and elegant woman whose smile and sexy demeanor will captivate you the moment we meet. One with whom to experience things for the first time or to repeat those of which you never get enough! My unique insight into your very secret desires and fantasies will leave you wondering "how did she know". Come to me and feel the comfort, warmth and acceptance of a woman with whom you can share the most special, unique and unusual of erotic experiences. Warm hugs and sexy moist lips await! Sensual Lauren

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sensual Lauren For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (26-05-15), Last time (25-05-15), liffey (25-05-15), pigsmickey (25-05-15)

Reviews

I'm against marriage.
    I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

We could have done approximately 20% of the population a favour and voted no.
    Saved these deluded people from themselves.
    Last edited by TonyB; 24-05-15 at 19:32.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

joggon (25-05-15), philipkntz (24-05-15)

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Genie in a Bottle View Post
    As i said got nothing again two guys etc getting married but when children are involved, thats where i have concerns, it changes things for me, i can see for one example, young children at school etc being left out, bullied and teased for something out of their control and that just aint right

With all due respect, isn't that kind of chicken-and-egg? Not to mention the fact same sex parents already can - and do - adopt. A yes vote improves the living situations of these actual families that already do exist.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetStrawberry For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (26-05-15), pigsmickey (25-05-15)

Reviews

I also voted no..although i never mentioned it on facebook for obvious reasons...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meath chap For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (28-05-15)

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast