Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The No voters

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Im not for you so.

shame,
    Westside.
    Seeing as I am a shade of a crank myself , you probably are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by weeschmoo View Post
    As a point of interest. The funding for the Yes campaign was supplied by Atlantic Philanthropies who have funded organizations in TORL to the tune of $40Mn So how much of a difference did their manipulation make, and why?

http://sexwork.ie/2013/12/10/atlantic-philanthropies/

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/br...aign-1.2205469
    The yes campaign was not funded by Atlantic Philanthropies:
    2004 AP came to Ireland and asked the (6) LGBT community development organisations around the country, what was our most pressing issue. We said equality. We said we need a national voice that the government would respect

2006 (ish) Gay HIV Strategies and GLEN (both small voluntary organisations at the time) were funded to develop as a national development group. Out of this came LGBT Diversity and TENI.

2009 Burning Issues was done (a national research bu NGLF), which asked the LGBT people of Ireland, what were our priorities. Equality at work, bullying in schools and marriage equality came out as the top three.

2010 Marriage Equality and LGBT Noise developed from a community forum meeting

2012 AP left the LGBT community and moved onto Family Support Projects (TENI freaked out and got a bit of extra time)

2014 Constitutional convention reccomended Marriage Referendum

2015 YES Equality campaign - funded by donations from thousands of people living in Ireland (or at least with Irish IP address)

*Can't guarantee the actual dates as my memory is not what it was! (but i was there for most of it)
    This profile is used by Billie - the Community Support Worker at GOSHH.
    support@goshh.ie 0872192848 061314354 www.goshh.ie

Reviews

Atlantic Philantrophies (AP) was set up from the personal fortune of Irish- American Chuck Feeney in '82 or '84. The money continued to grow after this time, much of it coming from duty free shops in Asia.
    AP has put billions into universities in both Ireland and the US with the proviso that governments simultaneously invested.AP also supported other charities they deemed worthy and afaik they had no major axe to grind one way or another.
    The fund is now being run down ended.Feeney kept very little for himself but provided for his family-education/medical etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

GOSHH (29-05-15)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast