Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Same sex referendum

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    Lads and ladies.
    If you cant decide which way to vote because it's all too confusing, consider this. The confusion is being planted by the no side, in particular the catholic church aligned bodies.(Iona, Mothers and fathers Matter etc) These are the people who want to see our activities curtailed and us punters persicuted by draconian laws.If you wish to give these groups comfort and encouragement then please vote no, or don't vote at all.
    If on the other hand, like me, you would like to give the holy joes a kick in the arse for presuming to tell us how to live your lives, then vote yes.
    Well the Immigratant Council of Ireland who in fact are the main group behind the TUrn off the red light called for a yes vote and as far as I'm aware the Iona institute doesn't have a position on the Swedish model.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

EIFII (18-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Well the Immigratant Council of Ireland who in fact are the main group behind the TUrn off the red light called for a yes vote and as far as I'm aware the Iona institute doesn't have a position on the Swedish model.
    Good to see some intelligent and informed comment, brother, instead of the mindless drivel that often passes for comment on here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EIFII For This Useful Post:

dob (18-05-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    Fair enough. But you haven't answered my question....
    Mindless Drivel, or Not, That is all I will Say on This Forum, With all due Respect to Your Thoughts about my Contribution

Reviews

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    unfortunately its not, cause then there wouldnt be a need for a booklet and months of debate, but if you want to dumb it down go ahead.

I dont vote for the sake of voting, I need to be convinced one way or the other and in this case they have failed to make a solid distinction and there are potentially serious ramifications for a yes vote aparently and given the fact I dont strongly feel one way or the other about it I wont just pick one for the sake of voting. A no is the safest vote in that case, status quo and we can come back to it if there are no holes in the yes campaigns logic and if that is already the case then you have to ask yourself why have television debates on it all if it just mudies the waters. dont blame me, blame the system.
    Not sure if trolling or...

Holes or not Democracy means having the right to nit pick decisions like this to your own contentment.

Just...what are you actually saying FL12?

You talk of Future Ramifications. On to what? Can two Gay people get married or not? It's a Yes or No question. There are no ramifications beyond this.

You say if there was no big deal to this why would people need to be given as much information as possible before making a decision that could drastically alter the lives of millions...eh what?

What?
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by simon2280 View Post
    Mindless Drivel, or Not, That is all I will Say on This Forum, With all due Respect to Your Thoughts about my Contribution
    I do not think your contribution to this thread to have been mindless drivel. However, some other contributions on here have been mind numbing. I asked you to explain your position re the religious aspect of the difference between civil partnership and marriage. Of course I respect your choice to not post it here

Reviews

I'd like t hear from the gay and trans people here on E-I. I mean they are the ones most affected by the outcome. They may not have any interest in marriage themselves but I'd like to hear their take on this.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Prefer hogwash and pigswill myself (I have have an eclectic appetite)
    Incidentally I will be voting yes and no.
    This is not equivocation, you will be voting on 2 questions.
    (Hope I put that yes and no the right way round- otherwise the end of the world).

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    I'd like t hear from the gay and trans people here on E-I. I mean they are the ones most affected by the outcome. They may not have any interest in marriage themselves but I'd like to hear their take on this.
    Many heterosexuals nowadays , have no interest in marriage either.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

SteveB (19-05-15)

Reviews

I have no interest in marriage but i think the GF may have other ideas but why is it that its always the girl that wants to get married, we don't even go to Mass and I don't have any money either
    Last edited by themanofwar; 19-05-15 at 09:45.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast