Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lack of Support- Laura Lee

Reviews

Even if you have never had a sexual encounter with a fellow consenting adult for a direct financial consideration, if you love liberty, human rights, you should support Laura in this campaign!
    Ride them on the beaches!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (04-05-15), JMastodon (06-05-15), Laura Lee (11-05-15), Mr Cuddles (06-05-15), nonpareil (06-05-15), the traveller (06-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Lee View Post

My debt is my debt and is no-one else's problem but mine. The fund raising I'm doing now is not for that and I have
    amended the text accordingly.........
    The fact it needed amending at all is strange imo. It was hardly a typo.

Reviews

I tried to meet her but she was unavailable at that time when last in Dublin.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bootboy For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-05-15), Laura Lee (11-05-15)

Reviews

In Northern Ireland was there any party against the new bill or at least hesitant

I never met the lady in person but I've been following what she does and she deserves all the assistance she gets. A donation from my next pay cheque will be given to her cause. We need a few more like her. Keep up the good work Laura.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ALoverOfBoobs For This Useful Post:

Catriona (12-05-15), Curvaceous Kate (06-05-15), Laura Lee (11-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Simpleton View Post
    In Northern Ireland was there any party against the new bill or at least hesitant
    I don't think so but the Justice Minister David Forde voiced reservations about it as did the PSNI when it was initially proposed but then caved in to the pressure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bootboy View Post
    I tried to meet her but she was unavailable at that time when last in Dublin.
    Likely due to being at a meeting to try and save your bacon. That is the whole point. She is losing out on vast amounts of work time to do the radio shows/ television shows and attend meetings to try and make people see sense and then there is preparation needed to try and over turn a stupid law. You can't just walk into a room and say it's stupid and expect them to change it, you have to do your homework and use facts, statistics and all the things that should have been used in order to create the stupid law in the first place.

Laura could do with support, not doubts.

Secretarylover, she has changed it because it was too honest. She was trying to explain where her passion comes from and why she is fighting, but instead of seeing that you just see the black hole.

If people were less cynical she wouldn't have to change it. If people instead looked at the facts, which is that Laura has spent a lot of her time and sacrificed her anonymity to be able to fight this face to face, where most of us hide behind a key board, then you would have nothing to question. The evidence speaks for itself, unless you're cynical of course and like to assume the worse.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

bootboy (06-05-15), Cassandra (10-05-15), Davidontour (06-05-15), JMastodon (06-05-15), Laura Lee (11-05-15), liffey (07-05-15), Naughtynatalie (06-05-15), nonpareil (06-05-15)

Reviews

It's the huge injustice of the whole prostitution debate that really angers me. It's a human rights and discrimination issue and we need people like Laura Lee to expose the lies and underhandedness of the "Turn Off the Red Light" campaign backed by 99% of politicians and most of the media. It maddens me in the same way that racism and discrimination against homosexuals does.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JMastodon For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-05-15), Davidontour (06-05-15), Laura Lee (11-05-15), Naughtynatalie (06-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Simpleton View Post
    Yes two parties (Alliance and the Greens) opposed the criminalisation of clients clause and voted against. Seven of the ten votes against were from Alliance (led by Justice Minister David Ford). The other three were Steven Agnew of The Green Party, Basil McCrea (NI21) and John McAllister (Independent).
    2014 in Northern Ireland:

Number of reported attacks on sex workers 70

Number of sex trafficking cases ZERO

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Davidontour For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-05-15), JMastodon (11-05-15), Laura Lee (11-05-15), liffey (07-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    Laura could do with support, not doubts.

Yes, Kate I think you are right. Hopefully , she will come to Dublin again too.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bootboy For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-05-15), Laura Lee (11-05-15)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast