Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rio Ferdinand's wife Rebecca Ellison dies from cancer

Reviews

Default Rio Ferdinand's wife Rebecca Ellison dies from cancer

The wife of former Manchester United and England captain Rio Ferdinand has died from cancer.

The QPR defender, 36, released a statement saying his "wonderful wife and soul mate" Rebecca Ellison had "passed away peacefully" at a London hospital.

Ms Ellison, 34, who married Ferdinand in 2009, had breast cancer.

She leaves behind three children, Lorenz, nine, Tate, six, and four-year-old Tia.

In a statement, Ferdinand said she died on Friday night.

"Rebecca, my wonderful wife, passed away peacefully after a short battle with cancer at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London," the footballer said on QPR's website.

"She was a fantastic loving mother to our three beautiful children. She will be missed as a wife, sister, aunt, daughter and granddaughter. She will live on in our memory, as a guide and inspiration.
    Myself, my parents Janice and Julian, along with Rebecca's parents Lesley and Stephen, would like to thank our families, friends and my club colleagues who have rallied around in these desperate days, weeks and months."

Ferdinand thanked the staff who treated his wife at the south London hospital, adding: "I would also like to express my gratitude for the dedication and expertise of the staff led by Professors Johnstone and Clarke at the Royal Marsden.

"Their valiant efforts to prolong Rebecca's all-too-short life will not be forgotten."

QPR's players will be wearing a black armband for the match against Liverpool at Anfield later.

In a statement, the west London club said: "The thoughts of everyone at Queens Park Rangers Football Club are with Rio and his family at this immensely difficult time."

Ferdinand, who grew up in Peckham, south-east London, was capped by England 81 times and has also played for West Ham United and Leeds United
    Last edited by justfrank44; 02-05-15 at 10:43.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

cp3o (02-05-15), joggon (02-05-15), Melindablondey (02-05-15), Naughtynatalie (02-05-15), Petros (02-05-15), Sexy Sandy 69 (02-05-15), TiffanyTees (02-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    The wife of former Manchester United and England captain Rio Ferdinand has died from cancer.

The QPR defender, 36, released a statement saying his "wonderful wife and soul mate" Rebecca Ellison had "passed away peacefully" at a London hospital.

Ms Ellison, 34, who married Ferdinand in 2009, had breast cancer.

She leaves behind three children, Lorenz, nine, Tate, six, and four-year-old Tia.

In a statement, Ferdinand said she died on Friday night.

"Rebecca, my wonderful wife, passed away peacefully after a short battle with cancer at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London," the footballer said on QPR's website.

"She was a fantastic loving mother to our three beautiful children. She will be missed as a wife, sister, aunt, daughter and granddaughter. She will live on in our memory, as a guide and inspiration.
    Myself, my parents Janice and Julian, along with Rebecca's parents Lesley and Stephen, would like to thank our families, friends and my club colleagues who have rallied around in these desperate days, weeks and months."

Ferdinand thanked the staff who treated his wife at the south London hospital, adding: "I would also like to express my gratitude for the dedication and expertise of the staff led by Professors Johnstone and Clarke at the Royal Marsden.

"Their valiant efforts to prolong Rebecca's all-too-short life will not be forgotten."

QPR's players will be wearing a black armband for the match against Liverpool at Anfield later.

In a statement, the west London club said: "The thoughts of everyone at Queens Park Rangers Football Club are with Rio and his family at this immensely difficult time."

Ferdinand, who grew up in Peckham, south-east London, was capped by England 81 times and has also played for West Ham United and Leeds United
    rip may god have mercy on her soul and those poor children may god protect them

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bendmychasis For This Useful Post:

joggon (02-05-15), oldfool (02-05-15)

Reviews

very sad news , passing at such a young age
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (02-05-15)

Reviews

Very sad news may she Rest In Peace

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Sad.
    Check for lumps and if the right age go for mammograms.
    And unfortunately heavy smoking, heavy drinking and inheriting certain genes drives the likelihood of a woman developing breast cancer up considerably.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

Such sad news & taken so young, life is so unfair at times,

Sandy x
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

joggon (02-05-15)

So sad and so young. Rip

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I never thought I'd have any sympathy for a footballer or his wife- so many are trophy wives- its lovely to see her described as his soul mate - so it is very sad and tough for the family -
    Seek and you shall find!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to UB40 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Very sad indeed I've lost 2 friends in the last year with cancer & its extremely unfair to their partners & especially their child x

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (02-05-15), UB40 (03-05-15)

Reviews

Very sad news - may she rest in peace.
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Petros For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast