Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Referendum on the purchasing of sex.....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,754
    Reviews
    102

    Default Referendum on the purchasing of sex.....

    The government of Ireland will hold referendums on 22 May 2015 on two proposed amendments to the Constitution of Ireland. The amendments, which were among those recommended by the Constitutional Convention, would reduce the age of candidacy for the President of Ireland from 35 to 21, and permit same-sex marriage.

    Imagine they included a third referendum worded: "Should it be illegal for a man/woman to purchase sex... Yes/No.

    How do you think that referendum would fair?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

    JMastodon (01-05-15)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,739
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    The government of Ireland will hold referendums on 22 May 2015 on two proposed amendments to the Constitution of Ireland. The amendments, which were among those recommended by the Constitutional Convention, would reduce the age of candidacy for the President of Ireland from 35 to 21, and permit same-sex marriage.

    Imagine they included a third referendum worded: "Should it be illegal for a man/woman to purchase sex... Yes/No.

    How do you think that referendum would fair?
    I think the last part should be in small print.
    Last edited by irishdeltaforce; 01-05-15 at 11:34. Reason: YES, YES, YES!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishdeltaforce For This Useful Post:

    JAMESCORK (01-05-15), UB40 (01-05-15)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,346
    Reviews
    33

    Default

    U would b surprised with the result the government and Rachel Moran and ruhama Iona ect might just realise they are not wanted
    Pull up your trousers it's all over

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to nibb For This Useful Post:

    simon2280 (01-05-15)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    18,967
    Reviews
    68

    Default

    It would be a great idea and might put all them good doers on the run.
    Then if they did have a referendum , we might get real democracy !!!!


    " WE ARE CONNACHT "

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    3,617
    Blog Entries
    3
    Reviews
    2

    Default

    It would fail miserably and because people on the yes side are constantly bitching and fucking moaning and in fighting it would be an horrific car crash and clients constantly bitching about the church/religious order and iona institute but wouldn't themselves go public or debate in an open forum as to why it should be a yes.

    Atleast the no side has theiur shit together, somehow I can't see posters/clients volunteering to put up posters and campaign on the streets, cause we all just sit behind our little laptops and say the right thing but don't take any action.
    I like to think there's a sexyfukka in all of us.

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

    irishdeltaforce (01-05-15), JAMESCORK (01-05-15), JMastodon (01-05-15), Mr Cuddles (03-05-15), nonpareil (01-05-15), simon2280 (01-05-15)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,754
    Reviews
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    U would b surprised with the result the government and Rachel Moran and ruhama Iona ect might just realise they are not wanted
    Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    It would be a great idea and might put all them good doers on the run.
    Then if they did have a referendum , we might get real democracy !!!!
    You are assuming it will go in our favour then!!

    I'm not too sure of that. With aprox 10% of Irish males punting we are relying on the other 90% to give us a YES vote.

    Then we have the "womin" of Ireland.... Yikes!!!!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

    nonpareil (03-05-15)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,645
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    You are assuming it will go in our favour then!!

    I'm not too sure of that. With aprox 10% of Irish males punting we are relying on the other 90% to give us a YES vote.

    Then we have the "womin" of Ireland.... Yikes!!!!
    I think is more then 10%
    Retiring for good soon
    Check out My Website
    www.theartofsofttouch.com

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    The government of Ireland will hold referendums on 22 May 2015 on two proposed amendments to the Constitution of Ireland. The amendments, which were among those recommended by the Constitutional Convention, would reduce the age of candidacy for the President of Ireland from 35 to 21, and permit same-sex marriage.

    Imagine they included a third referendum worded: "Should it be illegal for a man/woman to purchase sex... Yes/No.

    How do you think that referendum would fair?
    It would be defeated by a 75-85% margin imo. The only factor that might help would be a large turnout of liberal voters voting in favour of marriage equality. On any typical election day it might be as high as 90%.




  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spanky Panky For This Useful Post:

    General Lee Awesome (01-05-15), JAMESCORK (01-05-15), nonpareil (01-05-15), simon2280 (01-05-15)

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,739
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    You are assuming it will go in our favour then!!

    I'm not too sure of that. With aprox 10% of Irish males punting we are relying on the other 90% to give us a YES vote.

    Then we have the "womin" of Ireland.... Yikes!!!!
    Gays out, President yes & Consenting adults no. That's the way I think it will go!

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,165
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    The government of Ireland will hold referendums on 22 May 2015 on two proposed amendments to the Constitution of Ireland. The amendments, which were among those recommended by the Constitutional Convention, would reduce the age of candidacy for the President of Ireland from 35 to 21, and permit same-sex marriage.

    Imagine they included a third referendum worded: "Should it be illegal for a man/woman to purchase sex... Yes/No.

    How do you think that referendum would fair?
    Of the actual turnout, I would say it would probably return one of, if not the highest majorities ever seen in a referendum in this country, that majority being overwhelming in favour of making it illegal.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to General Lee Awesome For This Useful Post:

    JAMESCORK (01-05-15), nonpareil (01-05-15)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •