Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol abuse

Default Alcohol abuse

Hello

Long time since I last made a thread, so bear with me. I stumbled across this video the other day, my mission is to share it where possible as its affected the way I view alcohol, and indeed alcoholics profoundly. Here it is...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lwv7Utcf-gM

It's a bit dark but there is light too. If anyone has some spare time or interest give it a watch.

Thank you!

L x
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (16-04-15), Cosa Nostra (16-04-15), Curvaceous Kate (16-04-15), Hagane00 (17-04-15), Jorge (17-04-15), Naughtynatalie (16-04-15), simon2280 (16-04-15), tom sand (16-04-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Hello

Long time since I last made a thread, so bear with me. I stumbled across this video the other day, my mission is to share it where possible as its affected the way I view alcohol, and indeed alcoholics profoundly. Here it is...

It's a bit dark but there is light too. If anyone has some spare time or interest give it a watch.

Thank you!

L x
    It is so sad to see someone with alcoholism - having witnessed it first hand I wish more was done on this problem!
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petros For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (16-04-15), Naughtynatalie (16-04-15), simon2280 (16-04-15), tom sand (16-04-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    It is so sad to see someone with alcoholism - having witnessed it first hand I wish more was done on this problem!
    I entirely agree. Perhaps the drinks industry should be made to cough up some of the billions they make from this misery each year. Here's hoping.

Reviews

I entirely agree. Perhaps the drinks industry should be made to cough up some of the billions they make from this misery each year. Here's hoping.
    Can I just point out the irony of the subject of your thread, and your signature

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Can I just point out the irony of the subject of your thread, and your signature
    Yes

In my defence I never drink Tequila. Actually after watching the above I doubt I will ever drink again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

simon2280 (16-04-15)

Blog Entries

It's the brewery's that make the money. Most pubs barely make ends meet or they make their money from food. The brewery's and the people that actually make the alcohol should be contributing, but again, not at the expense of the publican's.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (16-04-15), simon2280 (16-04-15)

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    It's the brewery's that make the money. Most pubs barely make ends meet or they make their money from food. The brewery's and the people that actually make the alcohol should be contributing, but again, not at the expense of the publican's.

I mean the breweries doll. The government in the UK put all of the abuse funding towards drugs. Leaving next to nothing to care for the people on the liver wards. I think that's intinsically wrong - I also think we need some research into how we've allowed this drug to become so well promoted and loved by our culture.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 16-04-15 at 18:21. Reason: Clearing up my godawful grammar

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (16-04-15), simon2280 (16-04-15)

Reviews

Any contribution forced from any part of the industry will just be passed onto the end consumer. For most alcoholics price is not much of a deterrent, they will just end up spending more money on it leaving their families with less.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Any contribution forced from any part of the industry will just be passed onto the end consumer. For most alcoholics price is not much of a deterrent, they will just end up spending more money on it leaving their families with less.

The price isn't a deterrent. However the effects are unavoidable, and an eight week stay in hospital costs a small fortune. At the moment the tax payer covers that.

Reviews

Wouldnt be much of a business plan though would it?

Send nudes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast