Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think, country people more homophobic than city people?

Blog Entries

Question Do you think, country people more homophobic than city people?

Now as a real Irish girl who was brought up on a farm I know that some of us country people dont have the luxury of the quick pace life of the city. So after living Ireland quite a few years back, of course my perception changed on many things which I thought would be wrong back then.

Anyway I was out with a farmer friend (not a boyfriend or anything like that, which is is fully aware of the situation) last weekend who knows quite a good bit about me, but bloody hell did he totally freak out when he saw me kissing another girl. Seriously I had the finger waggling at me and telling me how wrong it was for two girls to be kissing so I am just wondering how you guys would react if you saw two girls kissing outside in a night club and would it be different if you saw two guys kissing in public?

Or how would you feel if you and you mate (the opposite sex) were hitting on the same girl/guy and then your mate got off with that person, is it different for guys and girls?

Do you think same sex kissing should be done behind closed door? and do you think its only ok for the opposite to show affection in public?

By the way she was fecking "HOT" and anyone in the right mind would have done the same. Loll

Happy weekend sane girls and guys. lollxx

Lady Von Teese
    Now in London check out my new photos, over 200 free to view

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladyvonteese For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (28-03-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyvonteese View Post
    Now as a real Irish girl who was brought up on a farm I know that some of us country people dont have the luxury of the quick pace life of the city. So after living Ireland quite a few years back, of course my perception changed on many things which I thought would be wrong back then.

Anyway I was out with a farmer friend (not a boyfriend or anything like that, which is is fully aware of the situation) last weekend who knows quite a good bit about me, but bloody hell did he totally freak out when he saw me kissing another girl. Seriously I had the finger waggling at me and telling me how wrong it was for two girls to be kissing so I am just wondering how you guys would react if you saw two girls kissing outside in a night club and would it be different if you saw two guys kissing in public?

Or how would you feel if you and you mate (the opposite sex) were hitting on the same girl/guy and then your mate got off with that person, is it different for guys and girls?

Do you think same sex kissing should be done behind closed door? and do you think its only ok for the opposite to show affection in public?

By the way she was fecking "HOT" and anyone in the right mind would have done the same. Loll

Lady Von Teese

Totally agree with you LVT and so does the horse

Blog Entries

loll.. Well at least it was not a Nay! loll

Lady Von Teese

Quote Originally Posted by Young Banger View Post

Totally agree with you LVT and so does the horse
    Last edited by Ladyvonteese; 28-03-15 at 11:41.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladyvonteese For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (28-03-15)

Blog Entries

My instant thought is ignorance. Not saying that in a bad way, but people who are more isolated, just don't see as much as those living in the city, so it is alien to them and therefore harder to accept. It's only really when you are exposed to something in a regular way that creates a feeling of 'normality' and then acceptance.

My personal feelings on the subject is 'time and place'. If you see two people (gender not important) sticking their tongues down each others throat in the middle of the day, in a busy shopping centre, I'm going to think, 'Please, get a room!!!!' If it's outside a night club late at night, I'd be thinking, 'Looks like someone's got lucky tonight!'.

My opinion is that people should respect their surroundings and some things are better in private, but showing affection shouldn't be a problem any time of day, as it's nice to see people happy together, so things like holding hands and hugging, shouldn't really raise an eyebrow, although I'm sure for some it does.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Harry123 (28-03-15), Mr Cuddles (29-03-15)

Reviews

Polls on the same sex marriage referendum show the biggest demographically distinct opinions relate to age, with older people more likely to be opposed and younger people in favour.

This could well translate into cities being proporionately more in favour, as the trend of people leaving rural areas to move to urban/city environments looking for work is more likely to apply to younger people.

Tbh I'd rather not have to see people sucking the face off each other in public regardless of genders involved.

Blog Entries

Hi Kate,

After living in London for so long, things are so open there but for me personality I think anyone should be able to show affection regardless of sex or what time of day it is without prejudice but then again we dont live in a perfect world.
    Hope your having a great weekend.

Lady Von Teese

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    My instant thought is ignorance. Not saying that in a bad way, but people who are more isolated, just don't see as much as those living in the city, so it is alien to them and therefore harder to accept. It's only really when you are exposed to something in a regular way that creates a feeling of 'normality' and then acceptance.

My personal feelings on the subject is 'time and place'. If you see two people (gender not important) sticking their tongues down each others throat in the middle of the day, in a busy shopping centre, I'm going to think, 'Please, get a room!!!!' If it's outside a night club late at night, I'd be thinking, 'Looks like someone's got lucky tonight!'.

My opinion is that people should respect their surroundings and some things are better in private, but showing affection shouldn't be a problem any time of day, as it's nice to see people happy together, so things like holding hands and hugging, shouldn't really raise an eyebrow, although I'm sure for some it does.

Hi Danny, I never thought about that side of things, he but only he (the farmer) could have had a problem with a older woman being kissed by a younger girl, thankfully I am one of those older ladies who will be in against same sex marriage as loving someone is just that, regardless of sex.

Lady Von Teese
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Polls on the same sex marriage referendum show the biggest demographically distinct opinions relate to age, with older people more likely to be opposed and younger people in favour.

This could well translate into cities being proporionately more in favour, as the trend of people leaving rural areas to move to urban/city environments looking for work is more likely to apply to younger people.

Tbh I'd rather not have to see people sucking the face off each other in public regardless of genders involved.

Reviews

I'm a an old coot from the country (well not that old)

and as far as I'm concerned you can kiss anyone you want

anytime, any place , anywhere

(

and b.t.w. I'd have no problem watching).

Don't have any problem with gay or straight, M or F.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyvonteese View Post

Lady Von Teese
    i love to see two girls Kissing, bit off a turn on for me,i like kissing in public,and did it with ladies even years ago,great to see you on hear again lvt,xx

Blog Entries

Thanks Tom, maybe I should have kissed one of those girls that night but then again knowing you, we may not have made it to the night club for some dancing. Loll

Big hugs and have a fab weekend honey.
    Lady Von Teese

Quote Originally Posted by tom rambo View Post
    i love to see two girls Kissing, bit off a turn on for me,i like kissing in public,and did it with ladies even years ago,great to see you on hear again lvt,xx

A man after my own heart, and an old coot like myself, who is not that old either so I am guessing like to enjoy the positive fun side of life too honey. Loll Go for it. loll

Lady Von Teese
    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    I'm a an old coot from the country (well not that old)

and as far as I'm concerned you can kiss anyone you want

anytime, any place , anywhere

(

and b.t.w. I'd have no problem watching).

Don't have any problem with gay or straight, M or F.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladyvonteese For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (28-03-15), tom rambo (28-03-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Yes country people are traditionally more conservative and homophobic than city people - but in recent years not as much
    Seek and you shall find!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast