Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor: love him or loathe him?

Default Conor McGregor: love him or loathe him?

I recently got annihilated at work for expressing my desire to see Aldo smash McGregors face in. I was told I was a disgrace to want to see any Irishman lose to an opponent from another country.
    I normally wouldn't. I used to think Steve Collins was the epitome of horrible arrogance, but this guys unreal. I hope and pray that it's false, and part of his repertoire for the cameras, but I have a sneaky feeling that he actually is this obnoxious.
    I hope Aldo puts manners on the horrible cunt!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatTony For This Useful Post:

emmasweet (30-10-15), Irish Leigha (27-03-15)

3. Default

LOVE HIM!

As a huge MMA fan and IRISHMAN I'll fully support The Notorious!

I'm most certainly an IRISHMAN too... Just can't tolerate the bullshit. It demeans the sport, and just likens it to WWE wrestling in my opinion. I'd have far more time and respect for him if he showed the people he fights and the supporters that same respect. He doesn't, maybe he can't, or maybe he just chooses not to.
    A few elocution lessons wouldn't go amiss for him though...
    Last edited by FatTony; 26-03-15 at 19:17.

5. Default

ok your an Irishman but clearly not an MMA fan or you would have defended yourself with that aswell. So tell me, how exactly are Conor's actions and words demeaning the sport? For me the huge performance enhancing drug culture within MMA is demeaning, not telling someone you rip his head off. Seriously? Your comparing MMA & wrestling? That arguement just highlights how little you know.

For me I want fighters to HATE eachother, to disrespect and tell their opponent all the bad things they are going to do to them because....they are fighters!! If I wanted to see people hugging in a big love fest I would watch glee & not MMA

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    ok your an Irishman but clearly not an MMA fan or you would have defended yourself with that aswell. So tell me, how exactly are Conor's actions and words demeaning the sport? For me the huge performance enhancing drug culture within MMA is demeaning, not telling someone you rip his head off. Seriously? Your comparing MMA & wrestling? That arguement just highlights how little you know.

For me I want fighters to HATE eachother, to disrespect and tell their opponent all the bad things they are going to do to them because....they are fighters!! If I wanted to see people hugging in a big love fest I would watch glee & not MMA
    "Trash - talking" is a part of these sports - including boxing since and before the days of

Muhammed Ali.IAli.It adds to the spectacle of the game and helps to add to the audience

and interest from T. V. companies which generates revenue.

All these fighters need a certain amount of arrogance (along with talent) to enter a ring/octagon , with the expectation of winning.

Mc Gregor is no different than many more fighters before him and certainly deserves

whatever Irish support he gets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    I'm most certainly an IRISHMAN too... Just can't tolerate the bullshit. It demeans the sport, and just likens it to WWE wrestling in my opinion. I'd have far more time and respect for him if he showed the people he fights and the supporters that same respect. He doesn't, maybe he can't, or maybe he just chooses not to.
    A few elocution lessons wouldn't go amiss for him though...
    He speaks well enough.

Perhaps you just dislike his Dublin "working class accent?

I used to dislike Mc Gregor but he is the sort of person that grows on you ,
    The man is a serious athlete and you have to give him credit for what he has achieved ,
    He trains hard and plays hard , nothing wrong with that.
    He is no worse than any of the rest of them , they all talk the talk , it's backing it up that is important

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dionysus For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (26-03-15)

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    He speaks well enough.

Perhaps you just dislike his Dublin "working class accent?
    No problem with working class accents or anything else. I'm working class myself. It's not the accent, but the shit that rolls off his tongue every time he opens his mouth that bugs me.
    And while I get that trash talk is sadly integral to getting people to buy into it, this guys trash talk is so bad it's funny.
    Fair play to him though, he's making a good living off his mouth and the reputation he's getting by using it.
    Let's see if he can back it up against a real fighter, not the puddings they've been pairing him off with up to now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    I recently got annihilated at work for expressing my desire to see Aldo smash McGregors face in. I was told I was a disgrace to want to see any Irishman lose to an opponent from another country.
    I normally wouldn't. I used to think Steve Collins was the epitome of horrible arrogance, but this guys unreal. I hope and pray that it's false, and part of his repertoire for the cameras, but I have a sneaky feeling that he actually is this obnoxious.
    I hope Aldo puts manners on the horrible cunt!
    MMA is a load of bullshit nowadays. There are very few good fighters on it now.

Westside.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Bannaners369 (08-10-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    MMA is a load of bullshit nowadays. There are very few good fighters on it now.

Westside.
    For McGregor and a lot of fighters

A hard neck and a big mouth go a long way.

As I'm sure you know yourself.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast