Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor: love him or loathe him?

Reviews

He's backing up his thrash-talk when he fights so I respect him for that. I'm not really a fan of MMA so can't give an opinion on the quality of fighter he has faced.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    No problem with working class accents or anything else. I'm working class myself. It's not the accent, but the shit that rolls off his tongue every time he opens his mouth that bugs me.
    And while I get that trash talk is sadly integral to getting people to buy into it, this guys trash talk is so bad it's funny.
    Fair play to him though, he's making a good living off his mouth and the reputation he's getting by using it.
    Let's see if he can back it up against a real fighter, not the puddings they've been pairing him off with up to now
    What a moronic comment. NO, he is not making a living off his mouth, he is making a living off being a great athletic and being undefeated in his UFC career. If you don't like him, fine, piss off and keep your comments to yourself because your ignorant views mean nothing to MMA fans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    What a moronic comment. NO, he is not making a living off his mouth, he is making a living off being a great athletic and being undefeated in his UFC career. If you don't like him, fine, piss off and keep your comments to yourself because your ignorant views mean nothing to MMA fans
    Hes fought noone ffs.

Westside.

Reviews

This time next month, McGregor will be UFC FW Champ :-)

Reviews

He has fought no one of substance yet

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    He has fought no one of substance yet

Dustin Poirier is not substantial enough for you?? If you think he has gotten an easier road to a tittle shot than any of the other contenders you just need to check their records.

Edgar: got a title shot coming off two losses in the LW division.
    Mendez: Fought 3 nobodies outside of top ten to get his recent shot
    Swanson: 2-1 in his three fights prior to title shot against poor opposition.

McGregor is on a 13 fight streak. 5 fight streak in the UFC. 4 out of 5 were finishes. Finished two top ten UFC guys with ease. And took a one sided decision against Holloway, now himself a legit contender. Beat one of the best MMA grapplers in the UK to take the CW lightweight title before he was in the UFC.

But still, haters gonna hate.
    Last edited by Stevenn; 13-06-15 at 10:21.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    I recently got annihilated at work for expressing my desire to see Aldo smash McGregors face in. I was told I was a disgrace to want to see any Irishman lose to an opponent from another country.
    I normally wouldn't. I used to think Steve Collins was the epitome of horrible arrogance, but this guys unreal. I hope and pray that it's false, and part of his repertoire for the cameras, but I have a sneaky feeling that he actually is this obnoxious.
    I hope Aldo puts manners on the horrible cunt!
    But he's so good, he has the skills to back up his obnoxiousness and bravado

8. Default

he's an exciting fighter, something the ufc is lacking nowadays

9. Default

Love him, top fighter!

Reviews

i love him

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast