Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sim card

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Plural of antidote is indeed antidotes.
    Your English is quite polished already.
    Thanks I work still on it, loosing my Polish the same time unfortunately. But I still can't get the grip and get the reported speech and conditionals incorporated into my language. Lazy and not really motivated by everyday life, since most of people I do interact with (I know, you'd say socialize, I don't do socialize lol) woundn't understand me anyway LOL But it feels so powerless, when I cannot express myself on the same level as if I did in Polish

If in doubt for a plural in English, stick an "s"on the end of the words nearly always works.
    Aye, but nearly the same is not the same, innit'?
    Old plurals like radius--radii
    are being superceded by modern radiuses for example.
    Men , women, oxen are the plurals a newcomer (not yourself) to English needs to look out for.
    And oxen crops up a lot in everyday conversation.
    Yes, and usage of these makes your language more native, if one can say so. It's just that freedom of flexibility, I enjoy. It works also for me, when as a foreigner, I am being treated not quite failry in public places. Once I open my mounth to produce a speech, which is beyond language abilities of my intrlouctour, is priceless.

BTW funny is when I am catching someone else's accent, let's say Cornelia spends time with me, I feel like changing my nationality to native Romanian.
    Last edited by Alex.xx; 19-03-15 at 00:34. Reason: not editing, bed time, sorry for few hiccups in the post #delvil_inside

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex.xx For This Useful Post:

liffey (19-03-15)

3. Default

I'm sorry to say but sometimes listening to friends about
    And hearing this from people who know nothing about how laws are made just makes life more complex and confusing

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456