Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revisited xxx

Love Revisited xxx

“Once he [Siddhartha] traveled to a village to buy up a large rice crop. But when he arrived the rice had already been

sold to another dealer.

Nevertheless, Siddhartha remained a number of days in that village, hosted the farmers, gave their children

copper coins, joined in a wedding celebration, and came back from the journey quite content.

Kamaswami took him to task for not coming back immediately, for wasting time and money. Siddhartha responded:

‘Give up your scolding, my friend! Nothing has ever been achieved by scolding. If we have taken a loss, then let me

stand the loss. I am very content with this trip. I got to know a lot of people, I made friends with a brahmin,

I had children sitting on my lap, farmers showed me their fields, no one treated me like a merchant.’

‘That’s all quite lovely,’ exclaimed Kamaswami indignantly, ‘but you are in fact a merchant, or so I thought. Or was that

just a pleasure trip you took?’ ‘Definitely,’ laughed Siddhartha, “I definitely took that trip for pleasure.

Why else? I got to know people and places, I enjoyed hospitality and trust, I found friendship. You see, my friend,

if I had been Kamaswami, as soon as I saw that my business deal was foiled, I would have turned around instantly

and come back home totally upset. The time and money would in fact have been lost. But in my case I had a

good few days, learned things, had a good time, and harmed neither myself nor anyone else through anger or haste.

And if I ever go back there, perhaps to buy a future crop – or for whatever purpose – I will be warmly and kindly

received by friendly people, and I will congratulate myself for not having been abrupt or shown irritation the last time.

So let well enough alone, my friend, and do not harm yourself by scolding me.’”
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (13-03-15), Cosa Nostra (13-03-15), Harry123 (15-03-15), major walker (13-03-15), Meursault (13-03-15), mymann (15-03-15), NoBrain2 (13-03-15), Vitruvian (13-03-15), zoozoozoo (13-03-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Alright my lady who's been tormenting you .: doc xxx
    Last edited by dr love; 13-03-15 at 19:50.
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (13-03-15)

Reviews

That's a nice story Stephanie, I know there's a meaningful message there and I think I get it.

I hope you're okay, it's just that it doesn't seem appropriate for a Friday night somehow.

xx
    Last edited by Cosa Nostra; 13-03-15 at 20:07.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosa Nostra For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (13-03-15)

Love

Quote Originally Posted by Cosa Nostra View Post
    That's a nice story Stephanie, I know there's a meaningful message there and I think I get it.

I hope you're okay, it's just that it doesn't seem appropriate for a Friday night somehow.

xx
    Lol x

It's only after I posted , I paused to think : what day is it ?

But heck , should I censor my thought depending what day of the week it is ?

Also : those sentiments apply any day of the week , any day of the year , ANY PLACE you might find yourself in xx

It's only a matter of having awareness to recognise it xxx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Cosa Nostra (13-03-15), nonpareil (13-03-15)

A nice story just what I needed to read today . Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    “Once he [Siddhartha] traveled to a village to buy up a large rice crop. But when he arrived the rice had already been

sold to another dealer.

Nevertheless, Siddhartha remained a number of days in that village, hosted the farmers, gave their children

copper coins, joined in a wedding celebration, and came back from the journey quite content.

Kamaswami took him to task for not coming back immediately, for wasting time and money. Siddhartha responded:

‘Give up your scolding, my friend! Nothing has ever been achieved by scolding. If we have taken a loss, then let me

stand the loss. I am very content with this trip. I got to know a lot of people, I made friends with a brahmin,

I had children sitting on my lap, farmers showed me their fields, no one treated me like a merchant.’

‘That’s all quite lovely,’ exclaimed Kamaswami indignantly, ‘but you are in fact a merchant, or so I thought. Or was that

just a pleasure trip you took?’ ‘Definitely,’ laughed Siddhartha, “I definitely took that trip for pleasure.

Why else? I got to know people and places, I enjoyed hospitality and trust, I found friendship. You see, my friend,

if I had been Kamaswami, as soon as I saw that my business deal was foiled, I would have turned around instantly

and come back home totally upset. The time and money would in fact have been lost. But in my case I had a

good few days, learned things, had a good time, and harmed neither myself nor anyone else through anger or haste.

And if I ever go back there, perhaps to buy a future crop – or for whatever purpose – I will be warmly and kindly

received by friendly people, and I will congratulate myself for not having been abrupt or shown irritation the last time.

So let well enough alone, my friend, and do not harm yourself by scolding me.’”

10. The Following User Says Thank You to major walker For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-03-15)

"The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

simon2280 (14-03-15), Stephanie (14-03-15)

"The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-03-15)

Reminds me of a time, a Bedouin, hunkered down, a cigarette for a cup of tea, neither of which I wanted, his goats, my esthusiasm, an innocence, yet later while dealing with a local official in a difficult situation.........I was know !!
    Much to my surprise, a lesson never forgot.
    Last edited by Vitruvian; 14-03-15 at 02:19.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitruvian For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-03-15)

He should be using this, save him wasting his time on a fruitless journey. http://www.fao.org/economic/est/publ...onitor-rmm/en/
    Last edited by weeschmoo; 14-03-15 at 04:47.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by weeschmoo View Post
    He should be using this, save him wasting his time on a fruitless journey. http://www.fao.org/economic/est/publ...onitor-rmm/en/
    Unfortunately in 500 B.C. Buddha can't access the Internet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast