Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The end of Top Gear? Has Jeremy Clarkson finally gone too far?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Clarkson, is reported to have hit producer Oisin Tymon, after being told no dinner had been laid on for the presenters after they finished filming for the BBC2 show one evening last week.
    Previous incidents include;=
    • July 2008: Drink-driving
    BBC bosses told Clarkson off for supping a gin and tonic while behind the wheel of a pick-up truck
    • November 2008: Lorry drivers
    With reference to Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper, Clarkson joked on the show about how lorry drivers "murder prostitutes"
    • February 2009: Gordon Brown
    The then prime minister was dismissed as a "one-eyed Scottish idiot" during a press conference in Australia.
    • October 2009: Black Muslim Lesbians
    Clarkson said that the BBC was obsessed with hiring black, Muslim lesbians to counter the number of white heterosexuals in its ranks.
    • July 2010: Burkas and lingerie
    During a Top Gear discussion on distractions while driving: “Honestly, the burka doesn’t work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings.”
    • August 2010: Special needs
    Clarkson referred to a Ferrari as 'special needs' and a 'simpleton' as a way of giving it a bad review.
    • February 2011: Mexico
    Clarkson sparked a diplomatic incident, and was forced to apologise to the Mexican ambassador
    • January 2012: India
    Viewers complained about Clarkson's provocative remarks concerning the country's clothing, trains, food and history.
    • May 2014: The 'N'-word
    Clarkson was forced into a apology after appearing to mumble the word as he sang a nursery rhyme on Top Gear.
    • July 2014: Slope
    Ofcom said he had breached their guidelines, when he referred to an Asian person as a 'slope',
    • October 2014: Falklands
    Jeremy Clarkson caused offence this time by driving through Argentina using a number plate apparently referring to the Falklands War.

Clarkson is reported as having said: “I’m having a nice cold pint and waiting for this to blow over.”
    Hardly the language of someone who is sorry intends to change his behaviour. The problem for the BBC is he makes a lot of money for the corporation, but he is uncontrollable and gives gratuitous offence to a lot of people. And this time it involves violence.
    I'd be a fan of the show but think Clarkson probably has a hugely inflated view of himself due to the popularity of the show and the fact that he's gotten away with so much in the past.
    As far as the Argentinian issue is concerned I read in the papers that the producers said if you check the motor registration database in the UK they didn't change the reg for the show.
    Watching the Argentinian episode the problem only started when the presenters and crew reached their final destination which they described as being the home port of the Argentinian battleship Belgrano.
    The Belgrano was sunk by a British sub at the start of the Falklands war resulting in the death of over 300 Argentinian sailors. I'm assuming these death sailor families probably still live in the same port city the presenters and crew arrived into and the shit storm started...
    I'd say the producers and the security experts employed by the producers are as much responsible for the problem they experienced in Argentina as the presenters...

But I also think there is no place for a physical intimidation or punches throw at a fellow employee in the workplace, no matter how you are. He should be fired especially with his track record of issues....
    Last edited by cantgetenuff; 12-03-15 at 15:39.
    Addicted to Goddess Adette

http://adettevontaschen.com/

Tbh - I would be glad to see the end of Jeremy Clarkson. He's a racist arsehole and I for one would be glad to see his ego finally knocked after that. He really rubs me the wrong way and would be glad to see that he can't get away with his behaviour anymore.
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

when you have to be a caricature of a persona that became popular you never know what you are really doing, you are just mimicing yourself without any real anchor. he was a good interviewer though with the big stars. irreverant. other than that, he was paid to be controversial

Reviews

Clarkson is a knob.
    Hammond tries too hard to be a knob because he sees how well Clarksons done out of it.
    May is the best of a bad bunch.

(Clarksons daughter was going out with some lad from Dublin (or Ireland anyway) who wasn't a car fan........bet he cant wait for Paddys day now that the producer he hit was Irish too

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

Reviews

Thumbs up

Well, we have Fifth Gear back tonight

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

6. Default

I don't really watch this program even though I read it has a really big following but it's right to me he was only taking the piss and they're being a bit too hard on the old boy

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    "Argentinian issue"

You would think they lost the war or something!

The way they keep going on about it.

Get over it.

No, they keep going on about the falklands and WWI/II cos they won it.

How often do you heard them go on about the Boer wars, which was the main British conflict before WWI, they lost that one.....
    Addicted to Goddess Adette

http://adettevontaschen.com/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cantgetenuff For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Good riddance...........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast