Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marriage Equality Yes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bendmychasis View Post
    What study is done that proves that and there is no way id let two of the same sex adopt a child there iz a time and place for everything.
    This is a stupid topic enda 100 euro suit brings it up now for votes typical mayo twat
    You don't need a study to prove that a child being brought up by two people in an environment that provides love, safety and mental stimulation is good for them, you just have to look at the children that have been brought up within the system to see it doesn't work without it.

I was brought up by a female. I had no male influence in my life. What difference would it have made if there had been another female on the scene? We learn about relationships from our parents and how two people co-exist. Many couples are dysfunctional. Some children learn that it's okay to mentally and physically abuse your partner or to be scared of one gender.

People don't tend to force their sexuality in front of their children, so apart from natural affection, they would not see the sexual side of the relationship, just the bond and the love between the couple and that is a healthy thing and to learn acceptance of difference is also healthy. You should try it some time
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 12-03-15 at 04:45.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Catriona (12-03-15), Klittyliker (13-03-15), pigsmickey (12-03-15), Rocker123 (13-03-15), Sexy Fernanda (13-03-15), simon2280 (14-03-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Brilliant.

I was going to vote yes anyway, what do I care.

Brilliant argument and true.

For the no thinkers, how dare you tell anybody what to do!

F**k you, F**k you.
    Ye can vote and way ye like but easy on the language i was brought up not dragged up

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bendmychasis For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Fernanda View Post
    Don't be negative, gay couples tend to be better partners than straight when comes to being faithful , as to find the ''one'' you might need to kiss over maybe 50% more than a straight person would. I know couples who are together 15,20 years. Before they decide they want to start to see other people, they open the relationship first while in the other hand marriage these days has a life spam of less than 5 years.
    Members of the Gay & Lesbian community are among the nicest folk I have ever had the pleasure to know and I'm not being negative just ironic as I have made the same comment in the company of some of my G&L friends and they accepted it with great humour as to experience marital breakup one needs to be married. You could call it quirky Irish Humour. I agree with you that G&L couples make exceptional parents because they look on parenthood as a privilege while so some straight parents look on children as a byproduct of a drunken irresponsible shag or a means to more dole / single parents allowance.
    Last edited by nitram; 12-03-15 at 10:29.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitram For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (12-03-15), simon2280 (14-03-15)

Reviews

the mother is mostly the most important person in ones life.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chez For This Useful Post:

bendmychasis (12-03-15)

Quote Originally Posted by bendmychasis View Post
    No thanks this country is gone mad so a child can have 2 daddies get a fuckin gripf
    Reading your post, it reminded me of this.
    It made me laugh.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Catriona (12-03-15), Curvaceous Kate (12-03-15), Klittyliker (13-03-15), Larrii (12-03-15), nonpareil (13-03-15), pigsmickey (12-03-15), simon2280 (14-03-15)

Like Crumlin Shopping Centre said - everyone has the right to be stuck in a loveless marriage, so I support marriage equality. I hope this also means that those who transition their gender will not be forced to divorce after they're married if the referendum passes.
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

Larrii (12-03-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    the mother is mostly the most important person in ones life.
    That's likely due to the fact that the majority of the time they are the ones bringing up the child, while the Father (traditionally) is busy working, or refuses to believe the child is there's and buggers off.

I personally felt a huge hole in my life not having the 2nd parent in my life. Even when he was around, he was never really present. I've not spoken to him or seen him now in nearly 3 years and it's made no difference in my life at all, apart from less negativity.

For me it is more about active parenting and I really don't think it would have mattered to me if it had been two men or two women, as long as they both showed me love and where there for me when I needed them. Remember most families have extended family and as with my Son. He was bought his first razor by my Brother, as he also didn't have a Dad around. If it had been in the reverse, likely another member would have taught him things a Mother would have done. Family support is the key I would think?

Having said all that. I would be lost without my Mum. We may not always get along, but I'd not be without her, as she has always been there for me and supported me, even when she didn't agree or know what to do.
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 12-03-15 at 19:12.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Catriona (12-03-15), simon2280 (14-03-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    That's likely due to the fact that the majority of the time they are the ones bringing up the child, while the Father (traditionally) is busy working, or refuses to believe the child is there's and buggers off.

I personally felt a huge hole in my life not having the 2nd parent in my life. Even when he was around, he was never really present. I've not spoken to him or seen him now in nearly 3 years and it's made no difference in my life at all, apart from less negativity.

For me it is more about active parenting and I really don't think it would have mattered to me if it had been two men or two women, as long as they both showed me love and where there for me when I needed them. Remember most families have extended family and as with my Son. He was bought his first razor by my Brother, as he also didn't have a Dad around. If it had been in the reverse, likely another member would have taught him things a Mother would have done. Family support is the keen I would think?

Having said all that. I would be lost without my Mum. We may not always get along, but I'd not be without her, as she has always been there for me and supported me, even when she didn't agree or know what to do.
    and they have the closest bond

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    and they have the closest bond
    When the baby is very little (new born) they don't even know they are a little person. They are an extension of their Mother. It's not until they are a little older and no longer breast feeding, that they realise they are an individual and it is at that point they really start to make the bond with the other parent.

Did you know that babies look like their Daddies when they are first born, so that the Father will not reject the child? It's nature and says it all really. Men were meant to sow their seed all over the place and women were also meant to have multiple relations. They formed a bond after the baby was born and could see who the Father was.

Things have changed radically since then, well since the bible really.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

simon2280 (14-03-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    You don't need a study to prove that a child being brought up by two people in an environment that provides love, safety and mental stimulation is good for them, you just have to look at the children that have been brought up within the system to see it doesn't work without it.

I was brought up by a female. I had no male influence in my life. What difference would it have made if there had been another female on the scene? We learn about relationships from our parents and how two people co-exist. Many couples are dysfunctional. Some children learn that it's okay to mentally and physically abuse your partner or to be scared of one gender.

People don't tend to force their sexuality in front of their children, so apart from natural affection, they would not see the sexual side of the relationship, just the bond and the love between the couple and that is a healthy thing and to learn acceptance of difference is also healthy. You should try it some time
    Another point that goes well to what you saying is that children raised by gay parents could become gays because their parents are. It's so silly, that's laughable .

For those people who think like that, what they have to say about children raised by straight couple who're gay ? Give me a decente answer for that .Thanks

People should not opinion on other people lives, if you are against gay marriage , don't marry a person from the same sex than you.Simple but don't deny such right because on YOUR LITTLE HEAD such thing its not right . Gay people pay tax's like everybody else , they have the right to be treated as equal and should be.
    Last edited by Sexy Fernanda; 13-03-15 at 10:27.
    Retired for good all together.
    Thank you all the gentlemen I met, who I'll have sweet memories of it.
    Kids, don't do anything that I wouldn't after I'm gone( the good part?) not much left Loll

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Fernanda For This Useful Post:

Catriona (13-03-15), Curvaceous Kate (13-03-15), Klittyliker (13-03-15), simon2280 (14-03-15)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast