Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Ever Seen This Painting Before?

Default Has Anyone Ever Seen This Painting Before?

Do you know who painted it? I buy alot of paintings and would like to know more about this, and who the painter is. If I can locate it, I'd like to add it to my gallery.

Thanks for your help darlings. Here is the painting REALLY BIG for you to see better.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC162385art2.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	7934  
    Last edited by DollyDarling; 27-12-08 at 01:19.

Reviews

There is a very striking resemblance to you in that pic , is it you ?
    I have no signature at the moment

thats a painting

Reviews

Default Not a professional opinion

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDarling View Post
    Do you know who painted it? I buy alot of paintings and would like to know more about this, and who the painter is. If I can locate it, I'd like to add it to my gallery.

Thanks for your help darlings

This is not a professional opinion but i think this looks like some off leonardo Da Vincis early work before he paited the mona lisa only better.

Hot Lizzy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by irishjp View Post
    This is not a professional opinion but i think this looks like some off leonardo Da Vincis early work before he paited the mona lisa only better.

Dolly you put it on so you should be able to see who the artist was........looks pretty modern though - not my sort of thing - Art is a very personal and individual choice and thankfully there are few that see the same things in the same paintings - which is what makes it so interesting.

Myself i cannot draw that well but i do know someone that can and i could send it to him and see if he knows for you.......that is if you do really want to know - looks Spanish to me.......actually i have to say it looks nasty to me........ but then like i said, we all have our own particular style and favourites......this is not one of mine.

xxx Lizzy xxx

Default I love all kinds of art because I love all kinds of people

Everyone is looking for a way to express whats inside of them, and in our society, we sometimes just cant find the right words to say, or say too much. Its lovely to sometimes be silent, and stop analyzing, and just let there be a dance between partners: silence, paint, spirit. It is not a matter of liking a painting, but rather liking the person who painted it. If we dont like a painting, it is mostly the soul of the person who painted it that we do not like. I suppose you dont like this painting, because of something you must not like in the soul of the painting. Im sure the painter is used to being criticized. If they were to take it all to heart, they would have to remain not only silent, but also overstuffed in their soul with so many things yearning to be freed up. I see into the painting, and yes, I do admire the soul of the painter. Yes, I would say could be Latin. Saw one like this at the Musee Bonnat de Bayonne France.

Hot Lizzy Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDarling View Post
    Everyone is looking for a way to express whats inside of them, and in our society, we sometimes just cant find the right words to say, or say too much. Its lovely to sometimes be silent, and stop analyzing, and just let there be a dance between partners: silence, paint, spirit. It is not a matter of liking a painting, but rather liking the person who painted it. If we dont like a painting, it is mostly the soul of the person who painted it that we do not like. I suppose you dont like this painting, because of something you must not like in the soul of the painting. Im sure the painter is used to being criticized. If they were to take it all to heart, they would have to remain not only silent, but also overstuffed in their soul with so many things yearning to be freed up. I see into the painting, and yes, I do admire the soul of the painter. Yes, I would say could be Latin. Saw one like this at the Musee Bonnat de Bayonne France.

Dolly, nothing personal, the picture just leaves me cold - i actually dont like it one tiny bit - its nothing to do with the artist liking his or her style, i dont like the picture - i thought it to be spanish as it had the stone flooring that you find so often in spain - if you were to come to my home then you could see the style i like - which is totally different to yours - some of mine are one offs, others are just prints and a couple i got from car boot sales - although i would add that in my bedroom i have a wall covered in mirrors as i love to watch........and other mirrors that are art deco as my last home was totally covered in art deco lighting and - well my taste changed again when i moved to that of totally modern.

Nothing personal Dolly, its just not my taste - not enough going on in the picture for me.

xxx Happy new year to you and yours and maybe if you get to Ireland in January we can catch up.........hope so.

The hot one........ xxx

Reviews

Marks out of ten?

I'd give her one, nudge nudge!

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Marks out of ten?

I'd give her one, nudge nudge!
    Im dying to have you nudge into my little holes Hope you are ready for it... Im cumming soon!

Default No offense sexy lady

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lizzy View Post
    Dolly, nothing personal, the picture just leaves me cold - i actually dont like it one tiny bit - its nothing to do with the artist liking his or her style, i dont like the picture - i thought it to be spanish as it had the stone flooring that you find so often in spain - if you were to come to my home then you could see the style i like - which is totally different to yours - some of mine are one offs, others are just prints and a couple i got from car boot sales - although i would add that in my bedroom i have a wall covered in mirrors as i love to watch........and other mirrors that are art deco as my last home was totally covered in art deco lighting and - well my taste changed again when i moved to that of totally modern.

Nothing personal Dolly, its just not my taste - not enough going on in the picture for me.

xxx Happy new year to you and yours and maybe if you get to Ireland in January we can catch up.........hope so.

The hot one........ xxx
    I LOVE ART DECO too. I collect mirrors also. My apartment is a bit of a museum in fact. God, I could give a tour and show all my little artsy bits and bobs. Yes, I do believe it is Latin. Look at the skirt. Its very Spanish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast