Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Virus

Reviews

Unhappy Computer Virus

Earlier today a warning popped up telling me i had a virus and that i had to do a security check etc . My internet explorer is infected with a worm Lsas.Blaster.Keyloger which is trying to send my credit card details and various other things to some cunt somewhere on this planet . I immediately contacted my cred company to cancel and re issue me with a new card so there's no loss there . Now i have ran my norton security and it tells me that pc security , identity protection , backup and tuneup is all protected . But i now have a black and gold stripped shield icon(System Security) on my screen and also on the bottom right toolbar that i'm 99% sure was never there before . A warning keeps popping up from this shield telling me to activate security . When i activate it from the pop up it leads me to this site whereby i now have to buy a system tuner programme for $51.95 . Should i bin this icon and delete it or what should i do , i'm at a bit of a loss so any help is mucho appreciated
    Last edited by rimmerguy; 26-12-08 at 20:37.
    I have no signature at the moment

Reviews

Sounds like a trojan rimmer im sure some of the more knowledgable lads here will tell you how to fix it but if i were i you i would get rid of norton i have been told by IT experts that its rubbish but in the meantime wait for a responce from pc boffins that visit the forum here and google that virus and also check this link

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-1...aster-keyloger

And try this one
    Remove Lsas.Blaster.Keyloger ( Manual Removal Process ) | SpywareRemovalBlog.com
    Last edited by kieree; 26-12-08 at 21:41.
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Exclamation you could also try this...

try this site out - afterdawn.com - or there's a toolbar called "the chatterbox.cc" which have pc boffins as posters and they provide a lot of free downloads and "fixes" too if required!

another thing that you might try is going to your control panel and resetting or dumping your pc's memory back to before you downloaded this virus - it will also get rid of anything you have saved since that date too so if theres something you want to keep, save it on a usb stick or cd before doing the dump!!

this is available on pc's with microsoft 2000 or xp and higher - but you need to know when you think you downloaded this virus as your reset date!

hope this helps!

Reviews

Kieree and Gooner , thanks a lot for your replies .

I clicked on the second link you provided kieree and found the solution by ctrl alt del and going into start task manager then selecting processes and selecting the last programme update on my system . My machine then rebooted to the last update it recieved . When i restarted i was relieved to see the bloody thing gone ! The warning tells you that you have 38 viruses detected and it can only access your information IF you enter in your credit details . But the constant opening up of warning windows every 2 mins would make you believe that you have to "buy" this software or else .

Never ever give out your credit card details unless you have set out to buy something on the web on a secure site . They (the scammers) are very good at what they do and all it takes is for 1 person out of 1000s infected every day to stupidly enter in their details , and its a good days work done for them .

Reviews

I have seen it loads of times they use scare tactics to force people to buy this shit you did the right thing in cancelling your card but beware of system restore that shit may come back
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Reviews

Panicked a bit now that i know what i know in cancelling the card (but not the debt !) but its better to be safe than sorry ! Nice one again kieree

Reviews

Download trial or buy antivirus from www.kaspersky.com , you have a malware program installed on your pc, this antivirus once installed will get rid of it. It's a common scam, the program telling you you have a virus and you need to buy this where in fact it's the program thats the problem and you don't have any viruses at all except the program!!

Reviews

What do you make of Windows Defender? Is it any good?

Hot Lizzy Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kieree View Post
    Sounds like a trojan rimmer im sure some of the more knowledgable lads here will tell you how to fix it but if i were i you i would get rid of norton i have been told by IT experts that its rubbish but in the meantime wait for a responce from pc boffins that visit the forum here and google that virus and also check this link

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-1...aster-keyloger

And try this one
    Remove Lsas.Blaster.Keyloger ( Manual Removal Process ) | SpywareRemovalBlog.com
    100% right, get rid of Norton - that in itself is just hopeless and causes more problems than gets rid of them - nobody in the business uses norton. You can download a free one which is brilliant - this isnt from someone thats a boffin on the computer front but i do remeber that i took Norton off my computer - its easy to do - must be if i can do it.

Tell you who is a boffin with this stuff, thats Patricia she is really good with these things she may be of some help....... xxx

Lizzy xxx

Yooer all doomed I tell you

DOOMED!!!

Skynet has control of yooer punny 20 fooerst centooery technology and is using it against you, my plan is werking.

My advice would be to head to the nearest nuclear blast proof bunker (Dingle, just behind Lar's mobile chipper) and wait it out.

Arnie says,

Anti spyware is fooer whimps....get a mini gun!!! (or at least a rocket launcher)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast