Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rag Week

Reviews

Exclamation Rag Week

It was rag week in Galway. A week when students use alcohol excessively instead of studying.
    Students come from other colleges to Galway to do this. Saturday 14th, I noticed posters all around the town
    looking for a missing lad. His body was recovered from the river.

Last Saturday I thought the posters were still up, but no it was another missing student. Today's newspapers
    report that his body was recovered from the sea.

What's going on here, what are the factors?
    Last edited by warmcome; 23-02-15 at 09:27.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    It was rag week in Galway. A week when students use alcohol excessively instead of studying.
    Students come from other colleges to Galway to do this. Saturday 14th, I noticed posters all around the town
    looking for a missing lad. His body was recovered from the river.

Last Saturday I thought the posters were still up, but no it was another missing student. Today's newspapers
    report that his body was recovered from the sea.

What's going on here, what are the factors?
    Some students are put under unbelievable pressure from their parents to "make something of themselves". I reckon a lot of students dont want to be students. Thats my op anyway.

Westside.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

KevinACE (23-02-15), Meursault (23-02-15), tom sand (23-02-15), warmcome (23-02-15)

Reviews

this is one of the best ads Ive seen, its on pedestrian road deaths, something very chilling about it, very clever though (something tells me its an ausie ad with an irish voiceover though) very accurate on depicting how lots walk when drunk

Last edited by funlover12; 23-02-15 at 12:38.

Reviews

Was talking to one of the drivers for a national waste collection company, He said that during rag week they have to check every bin before they empty it to make sure its student free......he said they had a few close calls with passed out students asleep in them.
    I just ordered a chicken and an egg off the internet .......I'll keep ye posted which comes first!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Some students are put under unbelievable pressure from their parents to "make something of themselves". I reckon a lot of students dont want to be students. Thats my op anyway.

Westside.
    I would agree with you there. Big pressure I am sure. But there are a myriad of other factors which could lead to death. Drugs, Accidental, Sexuality, murder.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    I would agree with you there. Big pressure I am sure. But there are a myriad of other factors which could lead to death. Drugs, Accidental, Sexuality, murder.
    It's always listed first, but not borne out in actual statistics.

I would bet my bike that drinks was a factor in these deaths.

Reviews

It's always listed first, but not borne out in actual statistics.

I would bet my bike that drinks was a factor in these deaths.
    100 per cent. Pubs serve them out without any second thoughts. Your local drug dealer would ask you twice if you were completely off your face!
    Last edited by KevinACE; 23-02-15 at 18:34.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

tom sand (23-02-15), warmcome (23-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    100 per cent. Pubs serve them out without any second thoughts. Your local drug dealer would ask you twice if you were completely off your face!
    It's not really pubs where students do their drinking, they could be seen with trolleys full of alcohol last week.
    I'm less faithful in illegal drug sellers and would prefer to see much of it inside a regulated model.

Reviews

It's not really pubs where students do their drinking, they could be seen with trolleys full of alcohol last week.
    I'm less faithful in illegal drug sellers and would prefer to see much of it inside a regulated model.
    true but at the end of the day, it's our bodies, and it's our choices. To drink or not to drink. I enjoyed and survived rag week!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

warmcome (23-02-15)

Reviews

Does anyone think that these were, dare I say it, suicides?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast