Thread: Chargers

Reviews

Exclamation Chargers

Just heard of a house fire last night where a charger was left on a bed-no injuries, thankfully
    I read last week about a girl in Russia dropped her iphone in the bath while on charge-shes's dead.

I just plugged out two, cold to the touch. Do you take the risks?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    Just heard of a house fire last night where a charger was left on a bed-no injuries, thankfully
    I read last week about a girl in Russia dropped her iphone in the bath while on charge-shes's dead.

it was probably an 'iphone' not an iphone though
    Last edited by funlover12; 22-02-15 at 18:33. Reason: trip switches ftw, so yes.

Reviews

Every item that is made has the potential to fail, sometimes this can have a minor or catastrophic affects. All electrical items have the potential to catch fire or overheat. The older chargers were wire wound transformers which generate a lot of heat even when a device is not plugged into them when they are plugged. The newer ones are electronic so heat is reduced if not eliminated altogether.
    I could only blame a faulty charger for causing a death like that but it will come out I am sure.

Do I take risks? Everyday my Mistress lets me out of my cage:roll eyes: as I rely on things not failing throughout my day so I can go about my day without incident. Take a small little bolt that holds the fin of an airplane rudder in position, if this one small piece of metal fails it could result in hundreds of deaths but can we live thinking about what if?

Lying in bed is arise, who knows what might happen.

I am the slave of Irish Mistress XXX, a Fetish Queen, A Bossy Bitch Mistress, A Goddess, yes my life is tough, but it is so good.

Webcam and phone chat sessions available

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slavetoyou For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (22-02-15), SophieX (22-02-15), warmcome (22-02-15)

5. Default

Anyone see my Charger ??? I lost it while out White Knighting earlier

Reviews

theres a "in soviet russia...." joke in there somewhere

tbc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by slavetoyou View Post
    Every item that is made has the potential to fail, sometimes this can have a minor or catastrophic affects. All electrical items have the potential to catch fire or overheat. The older chargers were wire wound transformers which generate a lot of heat even when a device is not plugged into them when they are plugged. The newer ones are electronic so heat is reduced if not eliminated altogether.
    I could only blame a faulty charger for causing a death like that but it will come out I am sure.

Do I take risks? Everyday my Mistress lets me out of my cage:roll eyes: as I rely on things not failing throughout my day so I can go about my day without incident. Take a small little bolt that holds the fin of an airplane rudder in position, if this one small piece of metal fails it could result in hundreds of deaths but can we live thinking about what if?

Lying in bed is arise, who knows what might happen.
    Chargers still use Transformers. They have to use them to lower the Ac voltage. It is the current that is pulling through the components depending how strong they are against heat that is a factor. Also most chargers are now switchmode instead of linear which helps lessen heat levels. Leaving a charger on something like a bed makes it heat up much more than normal, causing fires.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OutKast For This Useful Post:

slavetoyou (23-02-15)

Reviews

J
    Quote Originally Posted by OutKast View Post
    Chargers still use Transformers. They have to use them to lower the Ac voltage. It is the current that is pulling through the components depending how strong they are against heat that is a factor. Also most chargers are now switchmode instead of linear which helps lessen heat levels. Leaving a charger on something like a bed makes it heat up much more than normal, causing fires.
    True they do, what I should have mentioned is the old ones had the laminated iron core which caused a lot of the energy generated to be dissipated a heat. Although the principal of the transformer is the same its construction has changed which has made them more efficient especially as you say they are using electronics to convert AC to DC. The newer Nokia chargers are a prime example of how things have improved.

I am the slave of Irish Mistress XXX, a Fetish Queen, A Bossy Bitch Mistress, A Goddess, yes my life is tough, but it is so good.

Webcam and phone chat sessions available

10. The Following User Says Thank You to slavetoyou For This Useful Post:

OutKast (23-02-15)

Blog Entries

I have one rule always and its serves me well. Never mix or use something with something else or use something for what its not supposed to be used for. If you follow this you should be fine. As far as fires go , if you dont overload sockets (the trip will sort this out anyway as the modern ones are lighting fast) , place anything combustible near a source of heat or cook / smoke when drunk, or smoke in bed then you should be ok as far as fires go.

Westside.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

slavetoyou (02-03-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OutKast View Post
    Leaving a charger on something like a bed makes it heat up much more than normal, causing fires.
    Exactly. At xmas I cringe when I see people putting heated lights next to flammable window blinds and let them on all the time. Only asking for a fire if you ask me.

Westside.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

slavetoyou (02-03-15)

It's all about risk assessment!

This carries less risk than being in a serious Car crash.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

slavetoyou (02-03-15)