Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Moral judgements

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    I've asked a simple question. One I believe each of you would/could answer on your
    own if you came across these scenarios.
    I'd guess most of us would at most shrug and then go on with our own lives. Do you actually spend much of your time morally judging people who have no direct effect on your life?
    Last edited by The Hound; 20-02-15 at 21:42.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I'd guess most of us would at most shrug and then go on with our own lives. Do you actually spend much of your time morally judging people who have no direct effect on your life?
    I spend my time how I please.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Reviews

which one is? HP
    The heroin user is going to cause the most harm to themselves and others, well i think so but only my opinion

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Half Pint For This Useful Post:

warmcome (20-02-15)

Reviews

The male is smoking a cigarette, the other person is using heroin. Are they equal morally?

Attachment 107840

Attachment 107841
    Well I believe that it depends on the life the users have. If they are single, with no family to support and take care of, then morally they are free to choose a life.
    If the users have kids who need them to be around, maybe morally they should think twice.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

warmcome (20-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    The heroin user is going to cause the most harm to themselves and others, well i think so but only my opinion
    One whistles while they stroll to the shop. The other has to deal with an underground network
    to source their substance. The price is inflated due to prohibition. The purity could be too strong or too weak
    If they got a job, the employer may sack them if he found out, landlord could evict, partner could moan etc.

They are both dangerous, one enjoys far more acceptance.

Both are health issues, Kate. I want to focus on the morality of these two scenarios.
    Someone needing a cigarette : will they knock over the little ole lady on her way home , just to rob her wallet ?? Just so

they could buy a pack of cigs ??

Someone needing the next kick on heroin : will they knock over the little ole lady on her way home , just so they can get the

next fleeting high (which in most cases is not even a high anymore but just maintenance , just staving off the sickness) !??

How do you qualify morality ??
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

One whistles while they stroll to the shop. The other has to deal with an underground network
    to source their substance. The price is inflated due to prohibition. The purity could be too strong or too weak
    If they got a job, the employer may sack them if he found out, landlord could evict, partner could moan etc.

They are both dangerous, one enjoys far more acceptance.
    The prohibition of drugs was actually an immigration issue in the USA originally. Immigrants were bringing the herb in, and selling to survive and profit of course. Then it was prohibited. Who knows what else is an immigration issue we don't know about!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

Catriona (21-02-15), warmcome (20-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Someone needing a cigarette : will they knock over the little ole lady on her way home , just to rob her wallet ?? Just so

they could buy a pack of cigs ??

Someone needing the next kick on heroin : will they knock over the little ole lady on her way home , just so they can get the

next fleeting high (which in most cases is not even a high anymore but just maintenance , just staving off the sickness) !??

How do you qualify morality ??
    Do all heroin users mug people for their drug?

If cigarettes were criminalized, and a box was e50? would a smoker beat a granny to get that box?
    Last edited by warmcome; 20-02-15 at 22:11.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (20-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    The prohibition of drugs was actually an immigration issue in the USA originally. Immigrants were bringing the herb in, and selling to survive and profit of course. Then it was prohibited. Who knows what else is an immigration issue we don't know about!
    girls visiting here to pump paddy?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

KevinACE (20-02-15)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast