Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern Irish accent is the sexiest in the UK?

Reviews

Default Northern Irish accent is the sexiest in the UK?

The Northern Irish accent is the sexiest in the UK, according to a new poll, reported in the Belfast Telegraph.

Quote The dulcet tones of Liam Neeson, Jamie Dornan, Christine Bleakley and Rory McIlroy helped ensure the accent came top of the popularity charts when it comes to 'sweet talk'.
    In the Asda poll of over 2,000 people from across the UK, 17% favoured the Northern Irish accent, with the Scottish accent coming a close second at 15%.
    Together this means one in three claim the Celtic twang makes them feel weak at the knees.
    Despite the popularity of The Only Way Is Essex it seems the accent doesn't float everyone's boat. Only 1% rated it sexy, closely followed by the Brummie, Scouse and Mancunian twangs.

What do you think?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HonestJosephine View Post
    Frostbit?
    I agree can not beat a good country accent.
    Anyone no idea what Frostbit is, sorry I'm on my phone cant link video probably on you tube.
    "The dulcet tones of Liam Neeson, Jamie Dornan, Christine Bleakley and Rory McIlroy"
    Some others perhaps not so sexy.

Frosbit = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXiWyqHA024

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Only when mixed with Eastern European accent

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alex.xx For This Useful Post:

bootboy (10-02-15), Redkingirish (10-02-15), SteveB (10-02-15)

Frostbit clips on Youtube are quite funny HJ, young guy with a real broad accent and great sense of humour. What amazes me about the NI accents is how much they can differ by just 15 or 20 miles apart. Belfast to Ballyclare needs a new phrasebook sorted out, whereas Ballymena(Hey) and Kilkeel are miles apart but have the same lingo. I can't figure out how to get the Newry folks to understand the Larne wans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.xx View Post
    Only when mixed with Eastern European accent
    Ahh Alex, you are unique and exempt from any rules!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Redkingirish For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (11-02-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Redkingirish View Post
    Ahh Alex, you are unique and exempt from any rules!!
    Aye, well said indeed. Thnx
    I thought you've retired lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex.xx For This Useful Post:

Redkingirish (11-02-15)

Well Mr Christian grey will certainly be happy to hear this even though he doesn't need these words of encouragement

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    The Northern Irish accent is the sexiest in the UK, according to a new poll, reported in the Belfast Telegraph.

Quote The dulcet tones of Liam Neeson, Jamie Dornan, Christine Bleakley and Rory McIlroy helped ensure the accent came top of the popularity charts when it comes to 'sweet talk'.
    In the Asda poll of over 2,000 people from across the UK, 17% favoured the Northern Irish accent, with the Scottish accent coming a close second at 15%.
    Together this means one in three claim the Celtic twang makes them feel weak at the knees.
    Despite the popularity of The Only Way Is Essex it seems the accent doesn't float everyone's boat. Only 1% rated it sexy, closely followed by the Brummie, Scouse and Mancunian twangs.

What do you think?

Northern Irish accents conjure up balaclavas for me. Bit scary. Scouse and Brummie make you want to hide your car keys and lock your doors

Apparently the Cork accent is considered the most trustworthy. Shows you how useful those polls are.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (11-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Northern Irish accents conjure up balaclavas for me. Bit scary. Scouse and Brummie make you want to hide your car keys and lock your doors

Apparently the Cork accent is considered the most trustworthy. Shows you how useful those polls are.
    Well, it is cold this time of year.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (11-02-15)

Reviews

Derry accent by all accounts is very popular with the ladies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast