Thread: This Country Is Really Getting More Insane By The day!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Angry This Country Is Really Getting More Insane By The day!

It's not me getting older but there has definitely been an ever increasing knackerisation of Irish society in recent times!
    However my post here is on our asshole so called government doing the following -
    1 Introducing water charges, making it a more direct charge for you to take a shit and maybe more accurately wash your hands afterwards! This is when, you are already charged for water usage 4 times through PAYE, LPT, USC and as it was increased substantially when rates were abolished, VAT! Don't gey me started on the Irish water Quango!
    You are also liable for a leak under the foundations of your house, even if you are renting! Or if there's afault in the local sewer system that comes up on your side, you may be responsible for the entire estate's sewerage!
    And if your out working and a pipe bursts in your home, you may end up in the bankruptcy courts!
    2 Introducing minimum pricing for alcohol, which may be thrown out in The European Court as a restriction on free trade! But this makes no sense in particular at the insane levels on the table, minimum prices - a bottle of wine around 8€, a bottle of spirits, an absurd 30€ and a tin at around 2.75€! In Scotland I think it's 5 € minimum for a bottle of wine and 1.66€ for a tin! Regular normal level drinkers will be hit and the families of chronic alcoholic gobshites will suffer severely! For an alcoholic gobshite drink is always the number 1 priority and everything else is sidetracked! OK, they may drink slightly less, but they will be rotten for the want of drink!
    It will encourage black market and moonshine making!
    Also there will be another effect the big stores will raise prices of other goods as they won't be able to use alcohol prices to attract customers and this is at a time when with QE, inflation is set to rise massively (which will massively impinge on low paid workers!) and exchange rates are becoming very unfavourable for € users!
    It's basically a very badly thought out move!
    3 The new cycling laws, from which our beloved minister for transport has said children will not be exempt! I agree that cyclists breaking red lights, cycling wrecklessly and not being visible should be spanked! However with the lack of off the road cycle paths as a lesser of 2 evils, a cyclist may have to ride on a path occasionally! Also there is no word on developing more and safer cycle paths and ring fencing these fines for cyclist safety measures! All there is happens to be a promise for even more repressive anti cyclist legislation on the cards! Essentially it seems to be about raising taxes on cyclists' backs!
    4 Next most relevant to us we are about to see laws based on the insane Swedish anti sex worker model, which has been a massive failure and led to sex workers' lives been made hell on earth! Also working class male clients are the only clients who will be punished under it!
    5 The talk of an average of a €3K per year on average compulsory pension contribution from private sector workers! Which of course, our lovely public sector workers will never have to pay (certainly not at that level), despite having very early retirement ages and obscene pensions and absurd working conditions for the most part!
    This annual compulsory pension contribution in the demographically youngest country in the EU will also be accompanied by a retirement age of about 70!
    6 Although it seems to be on the back burner for a while, compulsory health insurance for workers at massively high levels, while those that never did a tap of work in their lives will get the same benefits, without paying a cent! Such a system cannot reduce any waiting list, so everybody would be back to square one again, except for the compulsory massive charge on working class people, who would as usual in this country see absolutely no benefit for it at all!
    I think in response one thing we need to do is dump forever and for all time the 2 and 1/2 political parties which have traditionally held power and severely misruled us!
    Ride them on the beaches!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

atom (07-02-15), dr love (07-02-15), Larrii (07-02-15), Meursault (06-02-15), oneeyedreilly (06-02-15), Playitsam (07-02-15), Zealot7 (06-02-15)