Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nanny state strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Never said anything about wealth only that thsi country is fucked from the drinking people do. They drink way too much wealthy, lower class. almost all who drink.

Westside.
    Dont dissagree with you, my point is that though this is once again not a balanced charge on people.Increasing Vat or duty would be.
    Some arguments given is that people get tanked up before they go out.Surprise for everyone but this will still happen as drinking at home will still be much cheaper at home than drinking out, also spirits are the main culprit and with exception of xmas very little below cost sales happen.

Can anyone give me a genuine reason :-)from the governments point of view that this will help and i mean details of who will reduce their intake and why?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I don't think this is being a 'nanny state', I think this is to stop people damaging their bodies would would in turn save the government thousands of euros in health costs. They aren't babysitting people, they are just saving money (and making more via taxation) by stopping people from pickling their internal organs and keeping the beds open for people that aren't self-inflicting illness upon themselves.
    Funny though when you go to the likes of spain , portugal etc where the drink is cheap, the majority of people who are being drunken idiots are by and large the irish and the british. The locals do not seem to have the same problem, or at least to the same level as those tourists. maybe it is more about education than price. Raising the price or banning seem to almost encourage people to drink more rather than less.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

mellors (05-02-15), xcitedcork (05-02-15)

Reviews

I don't think this is being a 'nanny state', I think this is to stop people damaging their bodies would would in turn save the government thousands of euros in health costs. They aren't babysitting people, they are just saving money (and making more via taxation) by stopping people from pickling their internal organs and keeping the beds open for people that aren't self-inflicting illness upon themselves.
    these measures will 'stop' little:

the person who cares about $ more than will buy less.
    but the persons who value more than $, will pay more for it.

Reviews

Blog Entries

Not only that but if two people came to A and E. One was involved in some drunken fight while the other woke up from some bad pain, then give priority to the second one. then the drunk will think twice next time he gets in a fight. FFs we have winos and druggies going to hospitals for self inflicted shit and getting uppers ,downers and sleeping pills on medical cards. Thats not what they are for. If you do a lot of hard drugs then its safe to assume that youll get fucked up every now and then. Tough shit and wait your turn and pay for it.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I pay very high tax. If I want to f**k myself up, my business.

I pay for my heath care to.
    yeah but when you fuck yourself up then go to hospital when its quiet. I dont give a shit if your paying for the entire health service. People who suffer from ailments through no fault of their own should come first. If your tough enough to happlily fuck yourself up then your tough enough to deal with a few days of pain surely.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Funny though when you go to the likes of spain , portugal etc where the drink is cheap, the majority of people who are being drunken idiots are by and large the irish and the british. The locals do not seem to have the same problem, or at least to the same level as those tourists. maybe it is more about education than price. Raising the price or banning seem to almost encourage people to drink more rather than less.
    thats because we have a drinking culture here. Its all about drinking. Ask anyone who drank a lot that gave it up ,where their "friends" are? You'll find most of them disappeared after the person stopped drinking.Another problem is their is little else to do here because drinking is about the cheapest thing to do for a lot. even a fuckin movie costs alot here.

Westside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234