Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nanny state strikes again

Reviews

And so far £40,000 pent by jim wells in legal costs to keep the blood ban in place, even though the northern ireland blood transfusion service also get blood supplies from scotland which, like england and wales, recinded the blood ban. So the dup is distancing itself from uk policies and aligning itself with the republic.See its all a conspiracy to unite the country ( slippery dup bastards)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31131316
    Last edited by justfrank44; 05-02-15 at 11:31.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I wonder if they will get round it by doing stuff like, buy one for €8.80 and get a bottle free!
    Under the new proposed law, the minimum price is set by the number of units of alcohol in every bottle/can sold
    so selling 2 bottles of wine, even at a buy one get one free, still has to cost a minimum 2x8.80 = 17.60
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, TRY AND TRY.......AH F**K IT, I GIVE UP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to johnsmith69 For This Useful Post:

warmcome (05-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith69 View Post
    Under the new proposed law, the minimum price is set by the number of units of alcohol in every bottle/can sold
    so selling 2 bottles of wine, even at a buy one get one free, still has to cost a minimum 2x8.80 = 17.60
    That unit system wasn't the most user friendly?

So we could look at it two ways.

1.government is worried about the amount of alcohol we drink!
    But as this law is on below cost they have no concerns on the weathier who buy premium brands :-)majority of which are not below cost as suppliers dont fund promotions to the same extent in premium lines

2. Convieniently this ban will mean retail prices going up which will mean VAT returns go up

So a nice handy VAT rise contributed to our own wellbeing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xcitedcork For This Useful Post:

warmcome (05-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    F**k the government & the old c**ts that want to stop me stop drinking. Your only a tool of the Vintners Association.

Do you think that you will change my drinking habits?

More tax & drink in pubs is all you want, wankers.
    Only oneself can take initiatives to lower one's intake, and only if you so wish?
    Last edited by warmcome; 05-02-15 at 12:35.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Not content with deciding its the states business what consenting adults do in private bedrooms, now we're to be stopped buying alcohol below a price the government decides is appropriate.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-30962996.html
    This country has a total over reliance on alcohol. Its gone way too far tbh. Yeah by all means have a few drinks but as a nation I think this country has gone way too far. If the only way to stop the street drinking and alcoholic caused trouble then im all for it. Most people drink way too much than they can hold.

Westside.

Reviews

Can we not just ban this troublesome product? A bit like we done with Cannabais (Irish).
    Last edited by warmcome; 05-02-15 at 12:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    This country has a total over reliance on alcohol. Its gone way too far tbh. Yeah by all means have a few drinks but as a nation I think this country has gone way too far. If the only way to stop the street drinking and alcoholic caused trouble then im all for it. Most people drink way too much than they can hold.

Westside.
    Then increase the duty or the VAT on alcohol and let the TD`s and their buddies pay more for their 24yr old malt whiskies like we will have to for our case of budweiser we buy with our shopping for a bbq or what ever the event.
    Oh i forgot, the lower class are the stupid ones who need minding, the wealthy as they have more money must be smarter and dont over do it at all, ill have to remember that when i see them falling out of the champaigne tent at the races this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xcitedcork View Post
    Then increase the duty or the VAT on alcohol and let the TD`s and their buddies pay more for their 24yr old malt whiskies like we will have to for our case of budweiser we buy with our shopping for a bbq or what ever the event.
    Oh i forgot, the lower class are the stupid ones who need minding, the wealthy as they have more money must be smarter and dont over do it at all, ill have to remember that when i see them falling out of the champaigne tent at the races this year.
    Never said anything about wealth only that thsi country is fucked from the drinking people do. They drink way too much wealthy, lower class. almost all who drink.

Westside.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

warmcome (05-02-15)

I don't think this is being a 'nanny state', I think this is to stop people damaging their bodies would would in turn save the government thousands of euros in health costs. They aren't babysitting people, they are just saving money (and making more via taxation) by stopping people from pickling their internal organs and keeping the beds open for people that aren't self-inflicting illness upon themselves.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast