Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: V8 , Corona , watermelon ... xx

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dublin Luxury
    Posts
    12,012

    Thumbs up V8 , Corona , watermelon ... xx

    Not all at the same time of course !!

    But gosh , just now watching Two n a Half Men with Charlie , I think it's the original first episode.

    Eh , he was having some drinks on deck , and made me think back to my college days :

    V8 - spicy : excellent for a hangover

    Corona : on a hot and sweaty day !!

    Watermelon : in the summertime (like 7 months out of the year) , tan on sun deck , have watermelon all sliced up ,


    Good days it was




    Any things you see and just brings back memories ?

    Maybe a scent ?

    A Song ? xx





    *ps. Looked like he was having tomjuice with beer - hangover.
    Last edited by Stephanie; 02-02-15 at 21:05.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dublin Luxury
    Posts
    12,012

    Default

    I so dislike when I censor myself .

    Takes the naughty fun out of it
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Not all at the same time of course !!

    But gosh , just now watching Two n a Half Men with Charlie , I think it's the original first episode.

    Eh , he was having some drinks on deck , and made me think back to my college days :

    V8 - spicy : excellent for a hangover

    Corona : on a hot and sweaty day !!

    Watermelon : in the summertime (like 7 months out of the year) , tan on sun deck , have watermelon all sliced up ,


    Good days it was




    Any things you see and just brings back memories ?

    Maybe a scent ?

    A Song ? xx





    *ps. Looked like he was having tomjuice with beer - hangover.
    V8?? is that an 8 cylinder gas guzzler??

    With the weather out there tonight, more like a thermal onesie and hot bovril.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosa Nostra For This Useful Post:

    Stephanie (03-02-15)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dublin Luxury
    Posts
    12,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosa Nostra View Post
    V8?? is that an 8 cylinder gas guzzler??

    With the weather out there tonight, more like a thermal onesie and hot bovril.
    Aw , it's a most tasty tomjuice

    >> blend of : water and concentrate of eight vegetables, specifically: beets, celery, carrots, lettuce, parsley, watercress, spinach, and tomato.[1] Tomato juice comprises around 89% of the total drink.

    Also makes a wicked Bloody Mary !


    Do tell me how the weather is ? Is it miserable , or lovely winterish ? And what is bovril ?


    Ps. In my college days there was no V8 gas-guzzler for me , I drove a Geo Metro ! A glorified Swift .

    Loved it : tiny car ; girlfriend and I would pack it up for a weekend and zoom down to Mexico or

    out to Lake Havasu for waterskiing (and partying) x one time left a bottle of Cuervo in the hatchback trunk , and

    it exploded in the desert heat of Palm Springs (while car parked in the sun for a few hours) .. >> the most

    lovely citrusy scent greeted us when we got back : lesson : do not leave bottle of booze in hatchback in heat lol x

    now about that watermelon ...... xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    398
    Reviews
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Not all at the same time of course !!

    But gosh , just now watching Two n a Half Men with Charlie , I think it's the original first episode.

    Eh , he was having some drinks on deck , and made me think back to my college days :

    V8 - spicy : excellent for a hangover

    Corona : on a hot and sweaty day !!

    Watermelon : in the summertime (like 7 months out of the year) , tan on sun deck , have watermelon all sliced up ,


    Good days it was




    Any things you see and just brings back memories ?

    Maybe a scent ?

    A Song ? xx





    *ps. Looked like he was having tomjuice with beer - hangover.
    i bought some cologne recently, which took me back to the time when I was in college, and was dating my first college girlfriend, and she was the first girlfriend also

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

    Stephanie (03-02-15)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dublin Luxury
    Posts
    12,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    i bought some cologne recently, which took me back to the time when I was in college, and was dating my first college girlfriend, and she was the first girlfriend also
    Happy memories so ? xx


    Isn't that amazing how such a small thing as a scent can transport you right back , remembering the tiniest details and feelings !

    Btw , it is said Olfactory Memory is the strongest wired . xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    398
    Reviews
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Happy memories so ? xx


    Isn't that amazing how such a small thing as a scent can transport you right back , remembering the tiniest details and feelings !

    Btw , it is said Olfactory Memory is the strongest wired . xx
    so it's not a perfume then, it's your system of smell

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

    Stephanie (03-02-15)

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dublin Luxury
    Posts
    12,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    i bought some cologne recently, which took me back to the time when I was in college, and was dating my first college girlfriend, and she was the first girlfriend also
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    so it's not a perfume then, it's your system of smell
    Of course it is your Olfactory System !!

    But it still needs that lovely perfume , to be triggered into recalling all those wonderful memories xx

    : what are eyes worth , without things to see ..... ? xxx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

    And what is bovril ?
    Just checked the ingredients in a Spar now, mainly beef extract and yeast extract, kinda like marmite with beef. Add boiling water

    to make a kind of beefy drink, usually drank out of a mug rather than eaten from a bowl, like consommé but tastier. Very popular

    years ago in Ireland before lattes, espresso, cappuccino etc. Used to drink OXO also, but never on Fridays as they contained meat!

    Both more used in beef stock / gravies these days, I think. Can spread bovril on bread also...yummy.

    Not quite as decadent as watermelon though
    Last edited by Cosa Nostra; 03-02-15 at 12:57. Reason: Don't think my attempt at double spacing worked on the iPhone

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosa Nostra For This Useful Post:

    Stephanie (03-02-15)

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dublin Luxury
    Posts
    12,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosa Nostra View Post
    Just checked the ingredients in a Spar now, mainly beef extract and yeast extract, kinda like marmite with beef.

    Add boiling water to make a kind of beefy drink, usually drank out of a mug rather than eaten from a bowl,

    like consommé but tastier. Very popular years ago in Ireland before lattes, espresso, cappuccino etc.

    Used to drink OXO also, but never on Fridays as they contained meat!

    Both more used in beef stock / gravies these days, I think. Can spread bovril on bread also...yummy.

    Not quite as decadent as watermelon though
    Your double spacing is beautiful !!!

    Hm. So it's like a broth.

    I wouldn't mind trying it so x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

    Cosa Nostra (03-02-15)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •